classic mulberry alexa, difference in leather.

Sola78

May 3, 2013
I just found a used beautiful Mulberry Alexa. I have looked at it at the sellers house, it really is my dream bag, BUT, the bag has thicker leather than what I have seen on other oldstyle mulberry alexas. It does not wrinkle and the bag feels a bit more heavy. I am no expert, but it looks genuin to me. Do you know if there have been difference in the leather over the years? also there is no tree next to the mulberry mark inside, but i imagen that is also something that is not uncommen. My question is, how much of a difference in leather quality can one expect? the bag seems more structured, but is does not have the shiny gold hardware, it has soft gold.

image.jpg

I just found a used beautiful Mulberry Alexa. I have looked at it at the sellers house, it really is my dream bag, BUT, the bag has thicker leather than what I have seen on other oldstyle mulberry alexas. It does not wrinkle and the bag feels a bit more heavy. I am no expert, but it looks genuin to me. Do you know if there have been difference in the leather over the years? also there is no tree next to the mulberry mark inside, but i imagen that is also something that is not uncommen. My question is, how much of a difference in leather quality can one expect? the bag seems more structured, but is does not have the shiny gold hardware, it has soft gold.

View attachment 4915502
This looks like the soft Buffalo leather that was hardly used! The polished buffelo has a different type of grain and hardware! Congrats on your new addition !