Classic m/l or mini rectangular 8"?

Angelbabygal

May 19, 2013
It depend on what you have in your bag collection. If you don't have a lot to play around I would say the m\l I'm not sure if that can be crossbody. I only have a jumbo and its duo as both. Personal I find mini more practical bc it small and light easy to move around without worry about it hitting things but it only fit phone mini wallet and keys and a lipstick.

MissAdhd

Sep 28, 2013
Def m/l! More space to play with and I find it useful for everyday wear AND formal occasion wear, I just think it looks classier on the shoulder rather than crossbody. Plus the m/l is the most classic shape and has best proportions compared to other sizes (even better than my BELOVED jumbo). Can't go wrong with it!
I also think mini flaps are so small to a point that it makes the wearer looks bigger... which I have seen on myself.

may0112

Aug 21, 2015
mini: it will look good on a certain height, if you are too tall it will make you look even bigger. I am 5 feet and mini is perfect. I am a minimalistic girl, in my bag there arent much. Lipstick, mirror, blotting paper, phone, wallet, sanitizer, handcream. I fit all those inside my mini WITHOUT stretching it to the fullest.
IMO, i think mini is more versatile, it can be brought out to many events, formal or informal. You can dress it up or down depends on the color of your choice. Mine is black.

m/l: i have tried on the m/l, def can fit more than what i need, more room. However, I really dislike the length of the strap.. i wish it could be worn crossbody without looking weird.

m/l was meant to be worn over shoulder, strap drop 9". while mini is meant to be wear crossbody, thus the length 20"

I attach my photo wearing mini black for you to see its size comparing to a petite girl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 583

xianfang

Jul 22, 2014
If i could buy more than 1 chanel, then i would go for mini and jumbo.skip the medium.
If u only wanna buy 1 chanel. Then buy medium.
Thats how i think. But i did buy medium, then jumbo. Thennn i saw mini. Havent pulled the trigger yet.cos medium n mini are similar capacity.

cocolv

Sep 4, 2015
mini: it will look good on a certain height, if you are too tall it will make you look even bigger. I am 5 feet and mini is perfect. I am a minimalistic girl, in my bag there arent much. Lipstick, mirror, blotting paper, phone, wallet, sanitizer, handcream. I fit all those inside my mini WITHOUT stretching it to the fullest.

IMO, i think mini is more versatile, it can be brought out to many events, formal or informal. You can dress it up or down depends on the color of your choice. Mine is black.

m/l: i have tried on the m/l, def can fit more than what i need, more room. However, I really dislike the length of the strap.. i wish it could be worn crossbody without looking weird.

m/l was meant to be worn over shoulder, strap drop 9". while mini is meant to be wear crossbody, thus the length 20"

I attach my photo wearing mini black for you to see its size comparing to a petite girl

Wow! You're right. That does look perfect on you. I'm 5'2" & will soon be looking for the perfect rectangular bag for me. [emoji7]🤗. Use it in the best of health & have fun.

UpUpnAway

Oct 20, 2014
If i could buy more than 1 chanel, then i would go for mini and jumbo.skip the medium.
If u only wanna buy 1 chanel. Then buy medium.
Thats how i think. But i did buy medium, then jumbo. Thennn i saw mini. Havent pulled the trigger yet.cos medium n mini are similar capacity.

I agree.

I am going to purchase the m/l as my first and very likely only chanel. But if I could afford it, I would consider skipping the m/l for a mini square and jumbo.

RasberryLV

Jan 13, 2013
Base on functionality, I vote for mini rectangular. I have both and I find mini very useful and fits my casual life style more. I am a busy mum always running errands and needs hands free.
I prefer mini for formal events too... just double chain or put the long chains inside to make it a handheld bag.

ceedoan

Crazy Handbag Lady
O.G.
Sep 29, 2011
you'll end up getting both sizes so it doesn't matter which one u get first!!! i have a jumbo, medium and holding out for the perfect mini. i also have an accordion flap, WOC and on the waitlist for a boy. this is coming from the girl who initially only wanted a m/l CF in black with GHW, which to me was the epitome of a classic Chanel. :biggrin:

Jan 12, 2012
Thank you for your opinions. I really appreciate that. Now I can see what I should get. I will go for jumbo and mini. These 2 sizes will suite more for my current lifestyle as a mommy. What do you ladies think about 16C cobaltblue caviar?

Jan 12, 2012
You should go to the store and try. When I tried them, I choose m/l with no doubt.

Well, I actually have one m/l but since I bought, I used it only a few times. Everytime I look at it. It's beautiful but that's it. It's sitting in my closet. I use Hermes bolide as everyday bag and for this winter I think mini or jumbo will be better. If I need m/l, I can always let my SA gets one for me later.