Classic Jumbo Black Caviar Flap or 2.55 Maxi Light Burgundy Patent Flap?

MillStream

O.G.
May 15, 2006
I wear lots of Black and Charcoal and am looking to add a Chanel Flap. The question is whether to go on the safe side with a Classic Black Caviar Jumbo Double Flap or go for a 2.55 Light Burgundy Patent Maxi, both with Silver HW. Despite the names for each bag, the sizes are quite similar. Here are the Chanels, nearly all with Silver HW, already in my closet:

Classic Black Lambskin Medium with Gold HW (discontinued size)
Black Soft Touch Tote
Camel Soft Touch Tote
Lipstick Red Half Moon WOC
Dark Silver Half Moon WOC
Black Caviar Half Moon WOC

Which one would you add, and why?

Here's a photo, courtesy of Hellokitty2008, of a 2.55 Light Burgundy in the smaller 226 size:

attachment.php

Black Jumbo. I love the burgundy patent and considered the reissue you posted as well but instead got the burgundy in a WOC and coin purse. I think for the $, the black Jumbo is a better buy. It is more classic and timeless. You can always get the burgundy patent in a wallet for a pop of color inside your Jumbo. Good luck with your choice!

It's triple points time at Saks on Tuesday, so I went to my local store to try to figure this out. To complicate matters, they had the 2.55 Light Burgundy Patent in two sizes -- Medium and Maxi. For those familiar with Chanel handbag sizes, you'll know that a 2.55 Medium is slightly larger than a Classic M/L; and a 2.55 Maxi is slightly larger than a Classic Jumbo. They also had a Classic Black Caviar Jumbo, so I got to try that, too.

I was able to try my things inside the 2.55 Maxi and the Classic Jumbo and the Jumbo felt considerably heavier than the Maxi. For this reason, I'm no longer considering a Classic Jumbo.

Now, there's a new twist to my dilemma.

Do I buy the 2.55 Maxi Light Burgundy Patent Flap as a day to night bag, realizing that it's not the perfect bag for cocktails and dinners out, but that it's too special to pass up?

OR

Do I buy the smaller 2.55 Medium Light Burgundy Patent Flap because it's such a special color and works beautifully for cocktails and dinners out?

OR

Do I bite the bullet and buy a 2.55 Medium Black Patent Flap for cocktails, dinners out, etc. and a 2.55 Maxi Light Burgundy Patent Flap for its "wow" factor as a day bag and occasional day to night use?

The only thing absolutely clear to me is that I'm prepared to buy one of these Light Burgundy Patent Flaps. Your thoughts, please!

I love the burgundy colour! It depends on what your main use for the bag is? If it is an every day bag, Id go for the classic jumbo, as you have a lambskin gold h/w for evening use already? Either way, they're both gorgeous!

I prefer the black Jumbo, but it seems like you have enough black bags. I'd go for the smaller burgundy for your collection. You can always get the jumbo later.