Classic flaps now coming with White boxes?

Brigitta

May 2, 2011
This topic may have been addressed in prior threads, but I just got a m/l classic flap from NM. It came with the new white and black sleeper bag with the sketch of Coco Chanel. However, no Black box, rather a white one with an attached cover. It has the usual label on the outside showing the style and color, but Chanel is not printed on top. Included with the box is a pamphlet showing how Chanel flap bags are made.

I know this is super trivial, but I feel cheated. No Black box with my Chanel? Anyone else with this experience and any explanations?

i ordered a reissue for my mom from saks. it came in a black box with the usual black dust bag. no chanel ribbon or camelia flower and this is even though i expressly asked for xmas wrapping...

i ordered a reissue for my mom from saks. it came in a black box with the usual black dust bag. no chanel ribbon or camelia flower and this is even though i expressly asked for xmas wrapping...

Department Stores don't do any special wrapping. Only Chanel boutiques.

OP- I think they changed the boxes when they changed the dustbags, just that all the stores didn't have them yet. I didn't realize they didn't say "Chanel" on them though. I think someone did a reveal of the new packaging a while back...

Here's a photo of my new beige clair m/l flap with GHW. No complaints about this beauty! And then I've included an image of the white box in which the bag came. You can see the customary label on the side. I must say that the booklet they included showing the manufacture of classic flaps is very interesting.

I'm calling my SA next week to see if this will be standard for flaps in the future.

Attachments

• securedownload-5.jpeg
    securedownload-5.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 945
  • securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 940
  • securedownload-4.jpeg
    securedownload-4.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 863
I bought a jumbo on 10 nov from the stand alone boutique and it was wrapped jn the black magnetic closure box with chanel written on top, white dustbag and the booklets. Unsure quality of flaps in relation with the increase of price...but i find that the packaging has definitely improved and has a more expensive feel.

You were not supposed to get that white box....they should have sent the bag in the new black magnetic box. It happened to us and we were told that is was a mistake. The SA sent new black boxes for the classic flaps

QUOTE=Brigitta;20467956]This topic may have been addressed in prior threads, but I just got a m/l classic flap from NM. It came with the new white and black sleeper bag with the sketch of Coco Chanel. However, no Black box, rather a white one with an attached cover. It has the usual label on the outside showing the style and color, but Chanel is not printed on top. Included with the box is a pamphlet showing how Chanel flap bags are made. I know this is super trivial, but I feel cheated. No Black box with my Chanel? Anyone else with this experience and any explanations?[/QUOTE]

You were not supposed to get that white box....they should have sent the bag in the new black magnetic box. It happened to us and we were told that is was a mistake. The SA sent new black boxes for the classic flaps

QUOTE=Brigitta;20467956]This topic may have been addressed in prior threads, but I just got a m/l classic flap from NM. It came with the new white and black sleeper bag with the sketch of Coco Chanel. However, no Black box, rather a white one with an attached cover. It has the usual label on the outside showing the style and color, but Chanel is not printed on top. Included with the box is a pamphlet showing how Chanel flap bags are made. I know this is super trivial, but I feel cheated. No Black box with my Chanel? Anyone else with this experience and any explanations?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, now I'll know what to ask my SA; I'll want that new black magnetic box. What would we ever do without tpf to keep us apprised of everything Chanel!

your beige clair is gorgeous, congrats :smile:

But yeah, you weren't supposed to get that white box. The new black magnetic box is lovely, and all classic flaps should come in it.

Your bag is really pretty btw! But the box .... :wtf: sorry but that doesn't look chic AT ALL. It looks like a cheap store's shoe box :tdown: You should really ask for the new black box, it's really lovely.

I just ordered the Classic Jumbo form N.M. and the bag is on the way. I hope my bag will come with the new black box.

Here's a photo of my new beige clair m/l flap with GHW. No complaints about this beauty! And then I've included an image of the white box in which the bag came. You can see the customary label on the side. I must say that the booklet they included showing the manufacture of classic flaps is very interesting.

I'm calling my SA next week to see if this will be standard for flaps in the future.

The white box is only for shipping not for us. If anything they should have put it in the black boxes from before. Only the timeless classic flaps OOV in large, jumbo, and maxi and 2.55 flaps get the new dust cloths and black boxes w camellias. : )))