Classic Flap... Which Size to Get for a First Chanel?

I'm interested in finally pulling the trigger & getting a classic flap this holiday season. I want black lambskin w/ gold hardware. I'm 5'2, and am interested in wearing this mainly during the day, but also could transfer into nighttime wear.

I know I don't want the jumbo or mini, but I'm stuck between medium & large... thoughts?

Reactions: Namwan-
Ask yourself some questions for example: what will you mostly use the bag for? how's your lifestyle?
If you're a person carrying a few items whenever going out, maybe a small
If you're a person that have a lot to bring for xyz reasons, maybe a medium
I'm quite petite, so the small looks perfect on me and I don't carry that many items either (1 cardholder, car key, lip balm, Iphone, mini hand sanitizer, etc.) I can use the small bag day to night without any problem.
I don't like the medium just b/c it looks big on me -> not the look i'm looking for and not classy on me

Reactions: Datenightalone
I'm also 5'2" and the Small (which fits about similar as a classic Mini) wouldn't fit my usual essentials. I'd be forced to play Tetris with my belongings and switch out my larger compact wallet --> a card case if I got a Small (or Mini), which I don't enjoy.

Yes, the M/L is a bit longer and not quite as cute as the Small, but I think in the softer leathers like Lambskin, the bag will slightly stretch vertically due to the chains supporting its weight. So over time, a M/L won't look so long and rectangular.

My friend is even more petite than I am and she rocks a M/L as well.

Try both Small and M/L in person, if you can :smile:

• Love
Reactions: 880
I’m 5’3” and I bought the small because it fits my frame better and I don’t need to carry too much on a normal daily basis (absolute essentials for me include card case, 6-ring key holder, lipstick, mirror, floss and earplugs—which all fit into the small). I think your choice may depend on how much you need to fit into the bag; I suggest you might want to watch a few ”what’s in my bag” videos on YouTube to get an idea which size might work for you. Otherwise both small and m/l should transition fine from a day bag to an evening bag.

Reactions: resplendent
I’m 5’0 and have been mostly buying the medium size. I just added my first small to my collection. I find both look fine on me. I don’t feel the medium is too big or out of place with my body frame. Medium gives me a little more room to play with. Both can fit my essentials (card case, keys, phone, lip balm, and sunglasses in a cloth case). Honestly if you don’t carry much go for the small and save yourself some money to put towards something else. Good luck with your decision!

• Love
Not my first Chanel flap (have Jumbos) but am also between the two sizes for another...would love advice on which one would fit sunglasses in soft case, reading glasses:annoyed:, compact wallet, car keys and phone? I also don't like playing tetris with my bags. :smile:

• Love
I think this thread helps (but when I decided to dip back into Chanel bags this summer, I got a mini)

Reactions: Rockerchic
I'm interested in finally pulling the trigger & getting a classic flap this holiday season. I want black lambskin w/ gold hardware. I'm 5'2, and am interested in wearing this mainly during the day, but also could transfer into nighttime wear.

I know I don't want the jumbo or mini, but I'm stuck between medium & large... thoughts?
Small is great for me and I’m same height :smile: def try on small (5800$) and the medium (6200$)