classic flap style.

db89

O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
for those chanel experts...
some classic styles of the extra flap when you open the bag,
can you tell BEFORE opening the bag , it will have the extra flap on the inside ...??
or do you have to actually open up the handbag ..?
thanks.

Not entirely sure I understand what you are asking.... All M/L classic flaps will have the double flap, minis don't, and some jumbos don't (can't recall if current jumbos are single or double flap).

Generally if you are looking at the bag straight on and it has a double flap you will not see the inside flap, if you look at the side of the bag you will be able so see if it has 2 flaps or not.

thanks for this info.... i am saving to possibly get a classic in black ..
but of course its not as easy as just walking into the boutique and asking for it with your cash in hand......i am just learning all about chanel bags.... thanks.

Keep asking questions and reading the threads. :smile: I learned all I know about Chanel here on TPF.

The single flap jumbos (my preferred style) are no longer made. I've hear people say that sometimes they can tell a bag is a SF because they DF are a bit boxier because the DF holds the shape "better".

In any case you would have to buy pre loved to get a single flap bag. If you go into a boutique all jumbo classic flaps will be double flaps.

Reactions: MsModernShopper
thanks for this info.... i am saving to possibly get a classic in black ..
but of course its not as easy as just walking into the boutique and asking for it with your cash in hand......i am just learning all about chanel bags.... thanks.

You should visit the boutique and try out the bags before buying (even if you buy new or preowned.) They usually have samples/display models. I often like the bags on other people/pictured but once I tried them on, it's a different story. GL

Reactions: Lola24