Classic flap or Reissue?

Thanks, ak3. I have tried both in the Boutique and I still could not decide which one I should buy. I live in a small city where no one, at least I have not seen anyone use Chanel. I love the contrast of the silver hardware on the black Cavier leather, while I don't know whether it is too loud or not. I love Reissue because of the history and it is, as you said, understated. I could imagine I will get more use of the Reissue. While is the Reissue wear well?
I actually got my classic flap brand new in Venice, but my reissue from fashionphile ( it looks new except the clasp (gold) is faded on the turn). But the leather on the reissue does not show wear, I took to Australia as my travel purse, no issue as well as constant use daily.

My collection is full of Jumbo CF's. I just love them. I wear them cross body all the time when I'm shopping! Just this week I actually bought a ML Flap. I'm really excited about it. I'm not too fond of the Reissue, especially the distressed calf skin. It looks like it's been through the washing machine to me. :stars: (Please note this is JMHO)! You have a WOC so either would be a nice addition to your collection. Good luck deciding! :biggrin:

Thanks for all your opinions. Maybe I should get the CF this time and try to buy the reissue in a couple of years. It is a very hard decision.
I always love reading the threads on CF vs reissues....I love both & i easily see why people may be more die-hard/loyal to 1 style vs the other. I started out my chanel collection w/ reissues but my last 3 purchases have been CF's. Each bag is unique/different & special to me so it's really impossible for me to say which style i now prefer. How can you lose either way?! BEST OF LUCK deciding!!!:flowers:

Over the years, I have come to own both reissues and classic flaps. I find it a struggle deciding only when it comes to black or maroon bags. Somehow to me at least, reissues are more beautiful in black or maroon - the style really 'comes out'.

HELP PLEASE?

SHOULD I SWAP MY JUMBO CLASSIC CHANEL TO A 227 REISSUE?

I hope to get a lot of discussions here. I have bought a Classic Flap back in 2011 at the Chanel boutique in Taipei (spent SGD 4200, net of tax credit)
c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg c4.jpg REISSUE.jpg REISSUE 2.jpg c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg c4.jpg REISSUE.jpg REISSUE 2.jpg REISSUE 227 .jpg

Recently though, I've been thinking of swapping my bag to a Reissue in GHW for the following reasons:

a) Reissue has more history. since its the original look Coco Chanel designed.
b) The Mademoiselle lock is more discreet.

Some of my friends were saying that I should not even consider doing it, because the classic flap is still a classic and the design has been around for 30+ years (when Karl Lagerfeld changed it.)

SHOULD I DO IT OR NOT?

Madam Milan is Singapore is willing to do a 1 for 1 swap.

The bag is price at SGD 5350.

If I swap it, I do not need to pay for anything at all.

I do not buy a lot of handbags, I only have this and I plan to keep it forever. Please let me know if I'm making the right decision or not.

HERE ARE PHOTOS OF MY BAG AND THE BAG I'M SWAPPING WITH.

I personally think 227 is too huge, for that reason I will stick with the Jumbo. Style wise I like reissue for the look and functionality, but I need CF in my possession.

Follow what your heart desire. Sorry not really helpful here

If you could only pick one I would go withe the classic flap.

I bought my m/l classic flap first then got my 225 reissue later on. They both are good for very different occasions. I find I can fit more things in the reissue and the strap is longer than the classic.

HELP PLEASE?

I hope to get a lot of discussions here. I have bought a Classic Flap back in 2011 at the Chanel boutique in Taipei (spent SGD 4200, net of tax credit)
View attachment 4098325 View attachment 4098326 View attachment 4098327 View attachment 4098328 View attachment 4098329 View attachment 4098330 View attachment 4098325 View attachment 4098326 View attachment 4098327 View attachment 4098328 View attachment 4098329 View attachment 4098330 View attachment 4098331

Recently though, I've been thinking of swapping my bag to a Reissue in GHW for the following reasons:

a) Reissue has more history. since its the original look Coco Chanel designed.
b) The Mademoiselle lock is more discreet.

Some of my friends were saying that I should not even consider doing it, because the classic flap is still a classic and the design has been around for 30+ years (when Karl Lagerfeld changed it.)

SHOULD I DO IT OR NOT?

Madam Milan is Singapore is willing to do a 1 for 1 swap.

The bag is price at SGD 5350.

If I swap it, I do not need to pay for anything at all.

I do not buy a lot of handbags, I only have this and I plan to keep it forever. Please let me know if I'm making the right decision or not.

HERE ARE PHOTOS OF MY BAG AND THE BAG I'M SWAPPING WITH.

I think you should keep your classic bag, unless you find it too heavy and prefer the lighter 227. The condition of the 227 here doesn't look as good as your jumbo.

HELP PLEASE?

SHOULD I DO IT OR NOT?

The way I see it is you have been enjoying and using the classic flap all these years, sure it’s classic and more noticeable with the CC logo but it sounds like you will never ever be able to otherwise get a reissue! Unless you can keep both, you would always wonder what is it like to own a reissue simply because it’s something you don’t have, so why not

even though i'm contemplating to sell my jumbo for reasons similar to yours, i'd say you should keep yours instead of swapping for the 227. that 227 looks worn out compared to your caviar jumbo. it doesn't look like a fair trade. if you want a reissue, save up and get a reissue in 225/226 size either new or second hand. i use my reissue in 225 much much more than my jumbo.