Classic Flap M/L or Jumbo?

Liala

Jul 18, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase either a classic flap jumbo or M/L sometime soon, but i'm having a hard time deciding which one I want more. Which one do you guys prefer, and why? Thank you all in advance for the input! :biggrin:

HappybytheC

May 16, 2019
Hi Laila,
I think it depends a bit on when you plan to use the bag? I personally think the M/L is most flattering size but it is a bit to small for me in everyday use.
I have recently started to use my jumbo for work, slightly heavy but carries a lot.
But if you can be more efficient with space than me (I bet you can!) , I am sure the M/L would work for you as an everyday bag as well
Keep us posted on your decision and good luck!

Reactions: Liala

Taiwo92

Jan 19, 2020
Depends on your lifestyle. I use my jumbo during the day or early evenings, and the M/L @ night time and brunch with colourful rompers/maxi dresses.

I prefer the strap length of the jumbo though:smile:

Im also only a fan of the jumbo in biege or black, other colours make it look bigger IMO

Reactions: Liala

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
I have 1 jumbo and 4 medium flaps. While the jumbo especially in black/gold hardware combo is iconic, I prefer the medium if I would have only one. It’s much lighter and transitions easily from day to night. I carry minimum usually so capacity is not an issue for me. The jumbo is great for daytime/work but I find it a bit too dressy for my work environment plus the wight. I carry my boy bags or deuaville tote to work.
You can never go wrong honestly, just determine your needs :smile:

Oct 14, 2008
Jumbo! It’s the most functional imo. The M/L doesn’t fit much.. As an evening bag, I prefer my small CF over M/L - fits the same amount but nicer proportions. Here are my jumbo beauties..
1401A452-D456-455D-86E4-D7079E71D676.jpeg

The only M/L I have left (sold the other) is this seasonal one and only kept it because I love the colour.

FC4C5380-74BA-4B01-B5E0-792A9996F4B4.jpeg

Jun 11, 2009
Jumbo! It’s the most functional imo. The M/L doesn’t fit much.. As an evening bag, I prefer my small CF over M/L - fits the same amount but nicer proportions. Here are my jumbo beauties..
View attachment 4844289

The only M/L I have left (sold the other) is this seasonal one and only kept it because I love the colour.

View attachment 4844292
Gorgeous pieces! Especially love the m/l you kept. That shade of pink...!

sydsunshine

Jan 29, 2018
You gotta buy both. Both sizes have different functions and you will need it in different times of the day.

That being said, I would pick up the size you can get at the best price first. Also need to consider if you want a single or double flap jumbo.

Reactions: weezer and Taiwo92

Liala

Jul 18, 2018
You gotta buy both. Both sizes have different functions and you will need it in different times of the day.

That being said, I would pick up the size you can get at the best price first. Also need to consider if you want a single or double flap jumbo.
I already have a rectangular mini.. I'm currently leaning towards the double flap jumbo.

Reactions: sydsunshine

weezer

O.G.
Mar 9, 2011
Somewhere near water

Yes, so true for me!!

I deliberately own only jumbo and 227 sizes per my personal preference.

(I love big bags and I do carry a lot during the daytime in spite of the ‘tiny bag’ trend. My bags need to be functional for my needs)

I thought I was ‘done’ with Chanel.

But now I am planning to get a m/l flap for evenings/special occasions.