classic/favorite 65th anniversary legacy bags

Mar 27, 2009
Finally I have funds to buy a 65th anni bag that I really want! I had a hippie in white but I traded it because I never wear white, I only got it because it was a 65th anni bag. I am thinking either whiskey or black. I am leaning more towards whiskey because I feel that it has a classier look to it, but that's just my.opinion. There are Some styles I like, I want something with the right balance of hardware, not too plain and not too much. I also don't want a huge bag; something that hangs nicely off the shoulder. I would love some feedback on thoughts of the classiest/nicest bag out of the 65th anni bags :smile:

Whiskey is amazing , the best color. After that, pond.

I had the 65th satchel in whiskey and it was beautiful but honestly was too freakin heavy for me to use. Back in those days Coach was loading their bags up with TONS of unnecessary hardware. If I had to pick one I would go with the hippie, in whiskey.

431050650_1b2bfef381_o.jpg

The Hippie Flap 10325 is nice, but watch out for verdigris on the hardware and even the leather around it. I had one that was tucked away in the closet for a few years and when I finally took it out the strap grommets and the rivets in the leather above the turnlock were green around the edges, and the verdigris had spread to the stitching and even the leather around the rivets. There may have been posts from other tPF members who had the same kind of problem with the early Legacy leathers. The combination of the leather (mine was Whiskey) and the antique brass hardware might have caused problems on some bags.

Whiskey is amazing , the best color. After that, pond.

I had the 65th satchel in whiskey and it was beautiful but honestly was too freakin heavy for me to use. Back in those days Coach was loading their bags up with TONS of unnecessary hardware. If I had to pick one I would go with the hippie, in whiskey.

farm1.staticflickr.com/182/431050650_1b2bfef381_o.jpg

I had the hippie, but I think I might want one in a shorter strap. I love the one you have ehre! ;)

The Hippie Flap 10325 is nice, but watch out for verdigris on the hardware and even the leather around it. I had one that was tucked away in the closet for a few years and when I finally took it out the strap grommets and the rivets in the leather above the turnlock were green around the edges, and the verdigris had spread to the stitching and even the leather around the rivets. There may have been posts from other tPF members who had the same kind of problem with the early Legacy leathers. The combination of the leather (mine was Whiskey) and the antique brass hardware might have caused problems on some bags.

You are absolutely right. My white Hippie had that issue. I don't mind, I will just have to mind the problem areas and keep up on them. Thanks!

This one was given to me by a fellow Coachie. I tried to fix her up, but she has bad rips on the back and a little on the top of the flap, though it is hard to see here. I think she is an Ali in black siggy. I like this bag, the space is good... I am not sure if I could go smaller, though if they are wide enough I can...

IMG-20140607-00417_zps127edfd6.jpg

My dream bag from the 65th anniversary collection is the whiskey 11134 shoulder flap bag (see link below, NMA). For some reason they sometimes call this one an Ali too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Whisk...982?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item19ee872656

I have lusted after it for a long time but I'll never buy it because it looks heavy. My little black Bridget is rather heavy even though she is small - but then she has a chain strap and lots of hardware.

Have you thought about getting a Bridget 11622? If yes, then I recommend black. I like the "edgy" look of my black Bridget. She is a small bag but great bag for going out "dressed up in jeans" and she holds quite a lot for her size! And she even has a kisslock change purse!

When you start looking, make sure you get a true 65th anniversary legacy bag. They made similar MFF bags later but they don't have the stripe lining. Good luck!

Attachments

• BridgetAndWristlet001.jpg
    BridgetAndWristlet001.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,190
  • BridgetKisslock.jpg
    BridgetKisslock.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,177
Last edited:
06 Ali. I have white (more of a bone or parchment) and whiskey. Perfect, perfect bag. Just enough detail and just enough hardware. Love the shape and fits great on the shoulder. I also have the 07 shoulder flap, which Ali purists don't seem to love but I do. Such a clean but slightly (very slightly) hobo look. I wear it with my black Frye Regina studded flats and feel just the tiniest bit bad-***. I skew classic/ preppy so even a hint of wild-child is fun for me. I had the 06 shoulder bag (double flap) in black but I sold it. A little too small and I felt like it was jammed up under my arm. (I'm 5'2", 125, if that helps.)

06 Ali. I have white (more of a bone or parchment) and whiskey. Perfect, perfect bag. Just enough detail and just enough hardware. Love the shape and fits great on the shoulder. I also have the 07 shoulder flap, which Ali purists don't seem to love but I do. Such a clean but slightly (very slightly) hobo look. I wear it with my black Frye Regina studded flats and feel just the tiniest bit bad-***. I skew classic/ preppy so even a hint of wild-child is fun for me. I had the 06 shoulder bag (double flap) in black but I sold it. A little too small and I felt like it was jammed up under my arm. (I'm 5'2", 125, if that helps.)
Probably should've said that my 07 shoulder flap is black. Because it is. And I love it!

My dream bag from the 65th anniversary collection is the whiskey 11134 shoulder flap bag (see link below, NMA). For some reason they sometimes call this one an Ali too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Whisk...982?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item19ee872656

I have lusted after it for a long time but I'll never buy it because it looks heavy. My little black Bridget is rather heavy even though she is small - but then she has a chain strap and lots of hardware.

Have you thought about getting a Bridget 11622? If yes, then I recommend black. I like the "edgy" look of my black Bridget. She is a small bag but great bag for going out "dressed up in jeans" and she holds quite a lot for her size! And she even has a kisslock change purse!

When you start looking, make sure you get a true 65th anniversary legacy bag. They made similar MFF bags later but they don't have the stripe lining. Good luck!

I like it :smile: i am going to check it out!

Thanks for the feedback! I am taller and heavier than you and i do not like bags jammed into my armpit, thanks!

Oh, my gosh, I just saw that auto correct turned boho into hobo! My shoulder flap does NOT make me look like a hobo!

This one was given to me by a fellow Coachie. I tried to fix her up, but she has bad rips on the back and a little on the top of the flap, though it is hard to see here. I think she is an Ali in black siggy. I like this bag, the space is good... I am not sure if I could go smaller, though if they are wide enough I can...

IMG-20140607-00417_zps127edfd6.jpg

I think this is the Allie Slim Flap...I am carrying the black leather in this bag at the moment...it is really a little too slim, but I haven't carried it in a looong time and it was calling my name. The leather is so awesome. It's in great shape but does have a little verdigris around some of the hardware. No biggie, I just cleaned it off.

I think this is the Allie Slim Flap...I am carrying the black leather in this bag at the moment...it is really a little too slim, but I haven't carried it in a looong time and it was calling my name. The leather is so awesome. It's in great shape but does have a little verdigris around some of the hardware. No biggie, I just cleaned it off.

You know what? Thank you. I just purchased a whiskey Ali, and i noticed that it has alot more width than my bag. As soon as it arrives on my doorstep i will take comparison photos.