Classic color for Birkin

It will be interesting to find out! All my solid coloured SOs so far never had the HSS. I'm still waiting for one solid colour and 1 bi colour ordered last Spring....Tuesday I'll be placing my new SOs so I'm curious to find out! Not that it makes any difference to me, I've never been interested in the HSS itself....

I hear you. It is another H mystery that only time will tell. I never knew there were solid colored SOs. The last time I SO'd I was told it had to be bi-colored. That is what makes it a SO.

Sure is taking a long time for you to receive your order. I would have rather my Kelly taken a tad longer than 4 months. Was told 2 yrs ago SOs were being made at a different facility in hopes to speed up the process. Should I take that to the bank or toss it over my shoulder with that grain of salt but at any rate I sure hope you see your new arrivals sooner than later!!

I hear you. It is another H mystery that only time will tell. I never knew there were solid colored SOs. The last time I SO'd I was told it had to be bi-colored. That is what makes it a SO.

Sure is taking a long time for you to receive your order. I would have rather my Kelly taken a tad longer than 4 months. Was told 2 yrs ago SOs were being made at a different facility in hopes to speed up the process. Should I take that to the bank or toss it over my shoulder with that grain of salt but at any rate I sure hope you see your new arrivals sooner than later!!
Thanks for the info jmen! Another great H mystery indeed... Hopefully we'll get more updates on this as more TPFers proceed with their SO's!

My last SOs to arrive, one this past June and the other less than 1 month ago, had been ordered in Sept 2013 so I'm used to waiting around 1 year; I'd be surprised if these 2 ordered last Spring will turn up before the end of the year.....but with H we never know!

I think what your SA is allowing you to do is to put your name down for a color that is part of their routine order, just as Israeli Flava has alluded to.

Bags in "classic" colors, such as the ones mentioned above, are typically available and ordered every season by boutiques.

Based upon this theory, I would not consider Tosca or Etain to be classic.

Just to add -- the classics are all great colors. Congrats on being offered a bag!
+1

This is my understanding as well. The classic or permanent colors are routinely shipped to boutiques as part of regular inventory for local purchase by anyone lucky enough to buy when they first go on the shelf. Sounds like good customers can reserve?