Classic Chanel vs Lady Dior bag??

kichichan

Apr 5, 2009
USA
Hi Ladies

Im considering my next purchase bag, please help me to choose between Chanel Classic Maxi in Beige cost E2170 and Lady Dior bag in light Gold cost E1205, the price is quite much different, plus I have got a few classic Chanel bags already.

The Dior attached picture is not light gold colour but it is something similar to that picture.

Any advice?:graucho:

pink-fanatic

Feb 14, 2009
I faced the same dilemma months ago. I ended up buying the Lady Dior in black because i wanted a top handle bag. They are both great choices! I guess it depends on what kind of bag you're looking for. Good luck!

bdrmflr

fashion addiction
O.G.
Aug 14, 2009
NYC
Because you posted this in the CHANEL forum, I suppose you are open to bias opinions. So, the Dior simply isn't attractive to me, in any shape or form. I'd definitely go with the classic... it is beautiful :love:. That shade is very classy.

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
Perhaps deciding if you want/need a shoulder purse or whether you prefer a hand held purse might be the tipping factor.

Granted you are on the C part of the board and while the maxi is lovely, the Lady Dior is very elegant.

Another factor might be the weight comparison of the two purses factor as well as the quality of construction of each. I can't speak to the quality or lack thereof of the LD, but we have seen a change in C over the past few years that hasn't been necessarily positive.

I'm sure others will chime in with some additional input.

Oct 3, 2006
Lady Dior. Love the one you're considering! Plus, you already have some Chanel anyway -- branch out. Dior is so elegant!

chanel_lovver

Handbag Hoarder!!
O.G.
Mar 18, 2007
Midwest
I'm not a fan of the color of Maxi you're considering, but I loooove that Dior!! Since you already have some Chanel I would say go for the Dior.

phiphi

O.G.
Apr 25, 2009
i had the same situation earlier this year and bought the large lady dior in black patent. looooove her! i posted pics of her in action, so go to the Dior forum if you want to look. chanel is very very nice too and i will eventually get one as well. but when i had to decide, the lady won.

good luck with your decision!

Nat

Feb 8, 2007
The Palace
Just wondering, the picture you posted is of an older style Jumbo, not the Maxi. So, do you wanna get the one in the picture or the new Maxi Jumbo?

I like the new Maxi, but I also like the Lady Dior tote. I'd prefer the large Lady Dior though, because the small is really small.

Alice1979

Toxic
O.G.
Jul 28, 2008
NY
I think the new large lady dior tote actually comes with a strap. I totally love it. I'm a big fan of Lady Dior, have one myself in pink.

GEORGELOVER

Apr 23, 2009
Bristol,UK
I love the Lady dior too as I think it's timeless and elegant, but if I had to choose (and could only afford one) I'd go for the Chanel every time.

My friend wants me to go to London to chose a LD for her big birthday that's coming up, but I'm going to try and influence her towards a Chanel;).

Jun 23, 2007
I love the Lady Dior. If it comes with a shoulder strap, then I would go with it as a change of pace. I have often toyed with the idea of a Lady Dior myself since it is such a perfect classic. I wonder if the charms make noise...
Judy