Classic caviar or navy reissue? Help me pick...

What comes next?

• Beige Medium Caviar flap

• Navy metallic reissue 226

Results are only viewable after voting.

stylefly

Shopportunist
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
Canada Eh
www.constylement.com
So for my next Chanel I'd like a Medium flap as the XL I have now is just too big for me, but I just can't get away from that shape and look. I've narrowed my choices down to:
-Beige caviar with silver hardware
-Navy metallic reissue 226
I'm a bit worried about the metallic peeling/fading, etc. in a few years. But I seem to have so many beige or light brown bags already! And the beige might get dirty easier..but the caviar is so durable...
I am wracked with indecision, please help me decide :flowers:!

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

*jennifer*

crazy for chalcedony
O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
i'd go for the navy metallic reissue. the fading/rubbing off of the metallic is less likely to be noticeable on the metallic navy or black, i think.
besides, you can always get a beige caviar later... :graucho:

culgal

O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
I voted for the navy! It sounds like you need a navy bag since you say you have plenty of lighter colored bags. Good luck!

Clandy

May 3, 2007
Navy for sure. My metallic navy has held up fine, as has my black metallic which I have used a lot. I have had no rub off or color fading whatsoever.

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
Go with what you know. The caviar is durable and it's not going to flake off. If you need a navy purse, then look for one that is not metallic or glazed.

lebagfairy

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
NYC - Boston
I flit :shame:

The navy has a pretty firm grip on me...I guess I'm just worried about how it will hold up. I am not one to be able to baby my bags!
I have temproarily flit around from Bal to Chanel these days too. My most recent Chanel purchase was also a Navy flap. :smile:

Celia_Hish

“Happiness is the highest good”
O.G.
May 17, 2006
Singapore
I definitely voted for caviar classic as my concern is metallic will tends to fade as time goes by.

janny328

<3's chanel
Jul 20, 2006
Los Angeles
I want to say Navy since it seems you already have some beige bags. I think on the darker colors, the fading isn't as noticeable if it does happen.

echo_23

O.G.
Oct 2, 2006
Houston
Naaavyyyy!!!!!! I think you'll regret not going for it down the road. I really don't know if color fade will even be an issue, but I do know that it's a pain to keep light colored bags clean!