Classic Card Holder vs Mini Pochette

Dashlyyy

Oct 17, 2014
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but here it is.

I'm deciding between the Classic Card Holder (caviar) and the LV Mini Pochette. I know they're two very different SLG items, but I am completely torn. I do love the look of the classic card holder and that it's got the capacity to hold my my IDs, cards, a few bills, receipts, etc., but small enough to fit in the narrow opening of my small Gabrielle.

However, I do also love the versatility of the mini pochette. It's not simply for carrying cards and cash -- it can carry a few of my small essentials that would not otherwise fit into a tiny card case.

Wondering what others would choose..

Thanks all!

Reactions: Namwan-
Thats a tough choice! Do you have another card holder or slim wallet? I have both, but personally I would go for a mini pouchette because I think its really awesome and versatile and it can go as a catch all in any bag, plus by itself too if you want. You can get a card holder in another cheaper brand as there are lots of really nice leather card holders (branded or not). Or you can flip that and get a chanel card holder and a pouch in another brand. However, I feel like the functionality of the mini pouchette is more unique to LV than a card holder which is pretty standard across many leather brands/ makers.

You make an excellent point about the card holder being a standard item across many brands.

I was also thinking that I'd be limiting myself with a card holder, but just couldn't drop it because I love the look of the classic card holder so much. The mini pochette is just way more practical -- you're so right.

Thanks!!

I would say get the mini pochette. I just got one and i have to say I regret not getting one sooner. Price point I think its good, since you can use it for so many things. I usually use it to put in my bigger bags or when I’m just out doing groceries. I put my key fob, some cash, cards and lip balm. Plus I haven’t seen any other brands that have something similar to this, except the Coach one.

0B89AA62-B7BD-4819-B77F-408B5B94663A.jpeg

B21C47CE-5536-40B2-9280-9BBC4C3455AB.jpeg

The mini pochette is one item that I use with every single bag I have, regardless of brand. It's that great. I also have one Chanel card holder that I use in my small classic flap. Both are great to have, but MP is much more versatile imo. I'd go for that one first.

Have both! Whichever you can get your hands on first.
Just to let you know that LV mini pa is part of the htf items. As soon as they are available online and get sold out in split seconds and even same in boutiques too. I’ve been stalking day and night for a mini pa mono for 3 months either missed out when available or not fast enough. Only saw it once as ATB but couldn’t get any further to process!

I would say get the mini pochette. I just got one and i have to say I regret not getting one sooner. Price point I think its good, since you can use it for so many things. I usually use it to put in my bigger bags or when I’m just out doing groceries. I put my key fob, some cash, cards and lip balm. Plus I haven’t seen any other brands that have something similar to this, except the Coach one.

View attachment 4773227

View attachment 4773228
That’s a LOVELY blue! Anyway, you’re right about the mini pochette being the better choice. It’s quite multifunctional compared to a plain card holder. I’m glad I posted in this forum.... it’s certainly steering me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Reactions: Cutie_angel8823
The mini pochette is one item that I use with every single bag I have, regardless of brand. It's that great. I also have one Chanel card holder that I use in my small classic flap. Both are great to have, but MP is much more versatile imo. I'd go for that one first.

There is definitely a consensus here. I’m biting the bullet and made an appointment with my locaL LV store to get one. The store has one left in stock in the monogram print, according to the SA.
Thank you!

Have both! Whichever you can get your hands on first.
Just to let you know that LV mini pa is part of the htf items. As soon as they are available online and get sold out in split seconds and even same in boutiques too. I’ve been stalking day and night for a mini pa mono for 3 months either missed out when available or not fast enough. Only saw it once as ATB but couldn’t get any further to process!

I have read that it’s hard to find. I live in Toronto and it’s sold out online, so I called the LV store closest to me and the SA was able to find the last one they had in stock for the monogram.

Reactions: Roz2019
I have both. I actually put the card holders in the mini pochette. I use the mini pochette as a catchall bag. Have you considered a chanel mini o case? That way you get chanel and something like a mini pochette

I have both. I actually put the card holders in the mini pochette. I use the mini pochette as a catchall bag. Have you considered a chanel mini o case? That way you get chanel and something like a mini pochette

I have not considered the mini O case only because it doesn’t appeal that much to me? I really really dig the look of the classic card holder more than the Mini O, but the practicality of the mini pochette overshadows the aesthetic of the card holder.