Class Action Settlement

Apr 24, 2008
This was emailed to me today. It this for real?

KEEP THIS EMAIL. You have been identified as a class member. Upon the court’s final approval of the settlement, a printout of this email will entitle you to 30% off a future purchase at any full price Coach store in California. The final approval hearing will be held on September 21, 2012. The store credit will expire 6 months after final approval. This discount can only be used on the purchase of full priced merchandise, cannot be combined with other offers or redeemed for cash or gift cards, and is limited to one per customer. The website listed below will show when, and if, this discount becomes available and expires.

THIS NOTICE MAY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
YOU ARE NOT BEING SUED AND DO NOT NEED TO TAKE ANY ACTION.​
The parties have agreed on a proposed class action settlement of certain claims against Coach, Inc. (“Coach”). The settlement will resolve claims that Coach improperly requested address, phone number, or email information from certain customers at its stores in California. Coach denies these claims. Coach’s records indicate you are a member of the proposed settlement class. Full details of the proposed settlement may be found in the Notice of Proposed Class Settlement (the “Notice”) available online at www.SongBeverlySettlement.com.

At your option, you may exchange this email for a certificate entitling you to $25 off a future purchase, subject to certain limitations, by following the procedures set forth in the Notice. You may also elect to have your personal information removed from Coach’s records by following the procedures set forth in the Notice.

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE PART OF THIS CASE, you may exclude yourself by mailing a signed request with your name and address, postmarked no later than August 31, 2012, stating, “I wish to be excluded from the Class.” Mail your request to: Coach Settlement Administrator, c/o Class Action Administration, Inc., PO Box 6848, Broomfield, CO 80021-0015. A hearing will be held on whether to finally approve the settlement on September 21, 2012, at 10:30 A.M. in Department C-73 of the San Diego County Superior Court, 330 West Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101. You may object to the settlement by following the procedure set forth in the Notice. The deadline to object is August 31, 2012.

Questions? Visit www.SongBeverlySettlement.com or call toll-free 1-855-452-2745 to reach the Settlement Administrator.

I didn't get one but I purchased items during that time period in California and gave them phone number and my email address. I gave them willingly though and I don't remember if it was at the same time that I paid. I think this is real.

I wish I knew how to post a link, but I looked back and saw a few threads from 2008 that discussed the exact same type of settlement also in California. I guess it could happen again since I don't think they stopped asking for contact information. I'll just wait and see I guess.

I wonder if I didn't get one because for some reason, the email that I give every time I'm in the store never seems to stick. I never get any Coach email there but I get plenty in my other email. I even got a thank you for a purchase in the email I didn't give when I bought something.

I wish I knew how to post a link, but I looked back and saw a few threads from 2008 that discussed the exact same type of settlement also in California. I guess it could happen again since I don't think they stopped asking for contact information. I'll just wait and see I guess.

To copy a link bring up the web page and in the top search bar copy the whole http address and then just paste it in your post. :biggrin: