Clasp question ;)

bettymuc77

Oct 29, 2011
Hi Ladies,

Sometimes I really think I'm into my bags too much (lol..), but this question (which might be totally unnecessary, but keeps bugging me..) has been inside my head for a while.. So I thought I'd finally ask understanding people ;)

If you're wearing a bag that has a strap attached with clasps (such as Alexa, SBS,...), which way round do you wear your clasps?
Does the part where you open them (the thingie with the little Mulberry tree logo on) face inwards or outwards when wearing your bag?
Mine are both facing inside, but I've seen people wear their bags with the front clasp facing outwards and the back one facing inwards..
Hope i explained this in an understandable way...

I don't know if anyone here has ever paid attention to that..
So if your clasps are facing a certain direction deliberately, why did you clip them on the way you did?

Believe it or not, I'd be super-interested in you answers - thanks so much!! :smile:

Well I've never paid any attention to which way my clasps face, but the across body strap where it buckles up HAS to be across my back not on show from the front. Sounds like we both got a case of OCD!! Ha ha. :smile:

Oh funny thread! I also been noticing that poeple do wear them differently, and I prob also have a slight cas of bag OCD as I always carry all my bags with the clasp with the tree facing outwards and both sides have to be the same. (cound not be different then it does look really odd in my opionion, lol!! )
Here is a pic of how mine is always carried with the clasps facing out.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 296
To me, it looks neater for the clasps to be facing in - I always assumed that that was the only way to do it - no idea why - but I'm obviously wrong:P

I have never paid any attention to the buckle being on the front or the back, going to get all self-conscious about that now:biggrin:

Oh funny thread! I also been noticing that poeple do wear them differently, and I prob also have a slight cas of bag OCD as I always carry all my bags with the clasp with the tree facing outwards and both sides have to be the same. (cound not be different then it does look really odd in my opionion, lol!! )
Here is a pic of how mine is always carried with the clasps facing out.:biggrin:

And buckle on front! Forgot that part ;)

Hi Ladies,

Sometimes I really think I'm into my bags too much (lol..), but this question (which might be totally unnecessary, but keeps bugging me..) has been inside my head for a while.. So I thought I'd finally ask understanding people ;)

If you're wearing a bag that has a strap attached with clasps (such as Alexa, SBS,...), which way round do you wear your clasps?
Does the part where you open them (the thingie with the little Mulberry tree logo on) face inwards or outwards when wearing your bag?
Mine are both facing inside, but I've seen people wear their bags with the front clasp facing outwards and the back one facing inwards..
Hope i explained this in an understandable way...

I don't know if anyone here has ever paid attention to that..
So if your clasps are facing a certain direction deliberately, why did you clip them on the way you did?

Believe it or not, I'd be super-interested in you answers - thanks so much!! :smile:

Interesting thread, Bettymuc! :cool: I always have the strap buckle across my back, or at least facing backwards over my shoulder - never forwards. Similarly, I used to have the little tree clasp facing inwards (because it was flatter that way) but now have it facing outwards on both clasps - otherwise, you can't see the little tree! :biggrin: (And we all know how obsessed I am with the little tree!! ;))

Ooh - I can NEVER have the buckle at the front of a strap (eg on the Somerset satchel) - it HAS to be at the back!! :roflmfao:
I think it this only because I always carry my bags on the lowest holes settings, so there almost not any strap that remain that can flap or else I would prob carry it on my back also. Now I kind of like the buckle sitting in front of my on my shoulder .:smile:

I think it this only because I always carry my bags on the lowest holes settings, so there almost not any strap that remain that can flap or else I would prob carry it on my back also. Now I kind of like the buckle sitting in front of my on my shoulder .:smile:

Do you mean that the strap is at its longest or shortest? I have my strap on the shortest, unless it's cross body, when I might lengthen it a bit. :smile:

Do you mean that the strap is at its longest or shortest? I have my strap on the shortest, unless it's cross body, when I might lengthen it a bit. :smile:
Oh I meant that I always has my strap on the last hole so the strap is as long as it can get, and often wish it was a few cm longer usally...And I'm just 164 cm...:biggrin: