Clash or Ecrou Bracelet in RG

Candy Floss

May 26, 2019
Hi, appreciate if you can give me some opinions on these two bracelets. I went to the boutique to try on the clash and ended up trying these two and love both. I have Love (plain) and JUC (diamond head) bracelets in YG, only wanted to add one more piece.
The clash is very different from my other two, while the ecrou seems to look more like a set with my other two and look nicer than I thought when worn
I brought the clash home as comparing both, clash has more intricate workmanship, look different and cheaper in case I want to exchange.
Can you give me some advice pls. If this is to be the last Cartier bracelet, which should I go for. Thank you for the help.

It sounds like you have a tough decision to make! Both the Clash and the Ecrou bracelets from Cartier are beautiful pieces, and it's great that you have already tried them on and have narrowed down your choices.

If you are looking for a bracelet that is more unique and different from the ones you already own, then the Clash may be the way to go. It has a more intricate design and stands out more than the Love and JUC bracelets you already own. Plus, if you feel that it may not be a good fit for you, you have the option to exchange it for something else.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a bracelet that complements your existing Cartier pieces and looks more like a set, then the Ecrou may be a better choice. It has a simpler design and would pair well with your Love and JUC bracelets.

Ultimately, the decision comes down to your personal preferences and style. Think about which bracelet you would wear more often and which one makes you feel the most confident and happy. It's important to choose a piece that you truly love and will cherish for years to come, especially if it's going to be your last Cartier bracelet. Good luck with your decision!

I prefer Clash over Ecrou. Even though the Ecrou is a cool bracelet, the moving bolts would annoy me, plus I found the bracelet uncomfortable on my wrist due to the bolts sticking out. I much prefer the Clash. Sleek, easy to wear and still unique. Plus I love how the pieces move slightly.

I’ve not tried the ecrou (because it is never in my radar) but have the Clash and I’d say clash is less edgier than ecrou, with a little feminine touch. I think either one won’t go wrong with your stack.

Did you take any photos? Maybe with photos we can have a better visual?

There’s a recent thread here and I’d say she wears the Ecrou super well!

Personal opinion.

I like the clash on it's own, for some reason it looks odd to me when it is stacked with only a classic Love, but then it's kind of okay if it's stacked with multiple things.

I really like the Ecrou, it has grown on me over time. I think it looks best stacked though (not saying it looks bad alone, just okay).

Reactions: olaeliza
I had both on my list until I tried both on. Now I have to covet the Ecrou on others as I didn't suit me :sad:
I love the way both look, I prefer the Ecrou stacked with your current collection, and Clash on its own.... I think lol
I'm of no help.

It sounds like you have a tough decision to make! Both the Clash and the Ecrou bracelets from Cartier are beautiful pieces, and it's great that you have already tried them on and have narrowed down your choices.

If you are looking for a bracelet that is more unique and different from the ones you already own, then the Clash may be the way to go. It has a more intricate design and stands out more than the Love and JUC bracelets you already own. Plus, if you feel that it may not be a good fit for you, you have the option to exchange it for something else.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a bracelet that complements your existing Cartier pieces and looks more like a set, then the Ecrou may be a better choice. It has a simpler design and would pair well with your Love and JUC bracelets.

Ultimately, the decision comes down to your personal preferences and style. Think about which bracelet you would wear more often and which one makes you feel the most confident and happy. It's important to choose a piece that you truly love and will cherish for years to come, especially if it's going to be your last Cartier bracelet. Good luck with your decision!
Thank you for your reply. Yes, both are beautiful but different. One thing I know is that I will love it and cherish it whichever I pick.

I prefer Clash over Ecrou. Even though the Ecrou is a cool bracelet, the moving bolts would annoy me, plus I found the bracelet uncomfortable on my wrist due to the bolts sticking out. I much prefer the Clash. Sleek, easy to wear and still unique. Plus I love how the pieces move slightly.
Thank you, I know what you mean, Ecrou may not be as comfortable as the Clash. I didn't think I will like the Ecrou too but surprisingly it looks good when worn, whether alone or with Love/JUC or all three. I also like that I can play with the moving bolts and the bracelet will look a little different every time since the bolts can change position. That's why I am in a dilemma.

I’ve not tried the ecrou (because it is never in my radar) but have the Clash and I’d say clash is less edgier than ecrou, with a little feminine touch. I think either one won’t go wrong with your stack.

Did you take any photos? Maybe with photos we can have a better visual?

There’s a recent thread here and I’d say she wears the Ecrou super well!

Hi @Purrsey, thanks for your help.
Agree that the Clash looks more feminine and I love the details and workmanship. It looks like a piece of "lace" from a distance.
One thing I learned after getting some items from cartier and vca is that they actually pairs well together, mixing edgier/modern pieces with feminine jewellery designs together make it look less coordinated or too matchy.
Yes, I saw the other thread, the ecrou looks very good on her.
I also agree that Clash looks better on its own. Maybe also because I have to choose 1 size down from Love for comfort and it doesn't stack nicely with my Love bracelet because of that.
Ecrou looks good stack, but I don't mind it on its own too though. It is a very unique piece, my husband like it very much.
I have a few more days to think about it.

Personal opinion.

I like the clash on it's own, for some reason it looks odd to me when it is stacked with only a classic Love, but then it's kind of okay if it's stacked with multiple things.

I really like the Ecrou, it has grown on me over time. I think it looks best stacked though (not saying it looks bad alone, just okay).
Yes, me too, Ecrou is never in my radar before.
And yes, Clash looks better on it's own, I tried stacking with one or two others but still think it looks best alone. Whereas to me ecrou looks good both stack or on its own. Anyway I normally wear my bracelet one at a time as I prefer simple look. Thanks for giving me your opinions.

Reactions: lill_canele
I was recently faced with the same dilemma as you…which bracelet to add to regular Love, regular JUC with diamond? I really loved both Ecrou and Clash but felt Ecrou paired much better with my other Cartier bracelets. I actually often wear the Ecrou on its own with Clash ring on the same hand.

I had both on my list until I tried both on. Now I have to covet the Ecrou on others as I didn't suit me :sad:
I love the way both look, I prefer the Ecrou stacked with your current collection, and Clash on its own.... I think lol
I'm of no help.
I appreciate your opinion. Good that you can save the funds for other items.
I thought I will get one last piece, but the more I see, the more I want. Too much temptations.
I will think over it and update all of you my decision.

I was recently faced with the same dilemma as you…which bracelet to add to regular Love, regular JUC with diamond? I really loved both Ecrou and Clash but felt Ecrou paired much better with my other Cartier bracelets. I actually often wear the Ecrou on its own with Clash ring on the same hand.
Hi, did you get all three in the same gold colour?
I wanted to get a RG bracelet initially as all my bracelets are in YG.
Do you think Ecrou in RG stack well with the other 2 in YG?
My boutique only has it in RG, I can order it in YG but cannot change to other colour if I don't like it, due to the upcoming price increase.