Clash of the “vert”

Guanes

Sep 4, 2020
Hi everyone,
Long time lurker...
Have been following this threat for so long, but for some reason never had the chance to participate and intervene.
I am slowly “creating” my collection. I own birkins 30 and 35 and I’m about to purchase my second 25. My SA told me she can offer me straight away a birkin 25, vert amande, togo, ghw.
She also told me, that if I’m willing to wait a couple of weeks (time of waiting is not not an issue for me), she would be able to offer me a birkin 25 vert criquet, epsom, phw.
This is huge for me, because I absolutely love both colors, however, I cannot choose, simple as that (yes, I know, “first word problems”).
Would love to read your suggestions...
Thank you all!

Reactions: lvstratus

lvstratus

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Welcome to the board Guanes☺
Well, tough choice indeed. You are very lucky to be offered these two bags.
I usually go for “neutrals”, as a personal preference, and Vert amande is lovely, however, vert criquet is so dreamy, and birkin in epsom leather is very sought after. I would go for the later to be honest

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
I assume the Vert criquet in epsom is actually a sellier birkin which makes the style pretty different than the classic B25 in Togo. I also greatly prefer the grey green of Amande so would easily pick that one.

M160

Sep 22, 2018
Vert Amande! Beautiful neutral with a hint of green. Good luck with your decision!

csetcos

Jan 19, 2014
Amande- such a gorgeous chameleon color and more neutral. Criquet is so beautiful by IMHO very hard to match.

Israeli_Flava

Counting My Blessings 1 Birkin At A Time ;)
O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
Birkin Bliss
VC is like seafoam green to me which has beachy vibes and a summery feel. I do not like Birkins in epsom or PHW on VC.
I do however love and would choose the VA GHW Togo leather all the way.

Last edited:

Lejic

Jul 5, 2015
Another vote for Amande here, it’s just more useful in my opinion.

take what I say with a pinch of salt though, since I don’t really like bags/big items in VC...

momoc

Edits Posts A Lot
May 21, 2017
+1 to vert amande. I may be in the minority but I really only like VC in small doses (I own SLGs in it). In bags it's not my favorite. Vert Amande on the other hand I think is beautiful!

I also don't like Epsom as much as Togo. So both color & leather-wise, the VA is a clear winner for me. In the end though, seriously just go for whichever one you love!

Reactions: Lejic