Clash de Cartier

oddinary

O.G.
Jul 14, 2008
Wanted to start a new thread, so everyone can get talking on Cartier's newest collection - Clash de Cartier.

Kaya Scodelario is the it girl of this new campaign. They've released a teaser trailer, where Kaya plays two different personalities to show the duality of the collection.

Instagram tells me they've shown a media preview already during Paris Fashion Week, but the official launch will be next Wednesday, 10 April 2019 in Paris first, then worldwide afterwards. If you look up the hashtag #CartierRendezvous on Instagram, you'll see some sneak peeks.

Thoughts guys? Do we like the new collection?

Attachments

• 56182FCC-DEC3-49C0-B4E0-EEF986AC38BA.png
    56182FCC-DEC3-49C0-B4E0-EEF986AC38BA.png
    731 KB · Views: 5,104
This is a collection you have to feel and see in person. The movement on the pieces is very cool! The look very flat in pics. Also, it is a new color of yellow gold for Cartier, lighter and not so warm. I have VCA Perlee pieces and it is not at all similar.
I am looking forward to seeing more. :smile:

The ring comes in two sized - the one in the pic does look like the smaller ring and agree it looks more like the perlee - the one in the Cartier ad is the large size and the design is more prominent. I’m not sure if this is a new yellow gold however I was told it’s actually rose gold. I really like this design - the ring is intricate with moving parts and edgy. I can’t wait for the launch in a few days!!

It bears a strong resemblance to some pieces Hermes did with pyramid studs — which is not to say I don’t like it. I’m curious about what’s coming (and I’m waiting for them to release ecrou earrings).

Yes, that’s my second impression:
Hermes Medor collection.
The ring is similar~
Example:

Attachments

• CC9B95D6-ECC4-49BC-9EE3-6540503A1787.jpeg
    CC9B95D6-ECC4-49BC-9EE3-6540503A1787.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,401