Clarisonic Mia First

sparksfly

O.G.
Feb 3, 2012
Anyone own it? I'm thinking of buying it, but I read a review on Sephora that it's not cordless which all others are.

I think having a cord would be a hassle and I wouldn't be able to use it in the shower.

I own it. The Clarisonic Mia IS cordless.

I don't know of any Clarisonics with permanent cords. Probably the reviewer is wrong.

Before I bought mine I read tons of glowing reviews. I do like having it, and using it. I've had it for three and a half months, and I like it very much.

Is my skin 100% better? Well, no, but I do feel that it looks pretty good most of the time. There are still days where I feel like my skin surface isn't the best but when it looks good, it looks pretty darned good. I'm over 45 (as a reference pt.) and I have a 20 year old friend who also got one, and he loves it too.

I like Clarisonic now.

Years ago I got one and I broke out very badly.

A few months ago I decided to try it again. I first started using it (delicate brush head) I broke out so bad. But that was around the area where I had permanently clogged pores. I am glad I stuck it out because now it's a lot smoother because the clogs are gone and I don't break out as much because I've less clogging.

I've also found out twice a day according to instructions is way too much for sensitive skin. I use the Clarisonia once daily and it's working out fine.

I own it. The Clarisonic Mia IS cordless.

I don't know of any Clarisonics with permanent cords. Probably the reviewer is wrong.

Before I bought mine I read tons of glowing reviews. I do like having it, and using it. I've had it for three and a half months, and I like it very much.

Is my skin 100% better? Well, no, but I do feel that it looks pretty good most of the time. There are still days where I feel like my skin surface isn't the best but when it looks good, it looks pretty darned good. I'm over 45 (as a reference pt.) and I have a 20 year old friend who also got one, and he loves it too.

This one is the new $99 Mia first. The review said something along the lines of it isn't wireless so the cord gets in the way.

You can unplug the cord.

My old Clarisonic has a charging stand. It looks like you plug the charger directly into the bottom of the Mia First, but according to the Sephora Q&A, you can unplug the charger. I don't know what is exposed when you unplug it and if that would be safe in the shower.

Edit: The Q&A says it can be used in the shower, but they don't recommend submerging it in water.

Spend $50 more and get the cordless one, then. I like to use it in the shower only, frankly, but certainly you can use it at the sink.

After I posted, I searched the Mia First. It's cordless, too. It has one speed; I have the one with two speeds. I really don't think you need two speeds. I love the Clarisonic and recommend it.

I went into Dillards yesterday, and the SA showed me how the cord on the Mia First works. It seems like the device is totally sealed, and the charger clings to the front of the device like a magnet.

She indicated that there is really not much difference between most of the models except for warranty, speed settings, colors, and charger.

I own the mia (which is cordless) and I bought a mia 2 for my daughter for xmas this year. The difference is the mia 2 has 2 speeds (slow & regular) and comes in various designs and colors and also has a travel case for it. Also another difference is the mia has a 1year warranty and the mia 2 has a 2 year warranty. The magnet type charger is the same for both sets. Since mine only has one regular speed, I cannot compare it to the mia 2 with 2 speeds, low and regular), but the single speed I have seems just fine on the face. I do wish I had the travel case because it would be nice to have for storing or for travel. But really they are pretty much the same thing, with the most important difference being the warranty. I do recommend the Clarisonic Mia it really does a great job in truly cleaning one's face, pores do become smaller and the face is smoother w/o doubt!