Clara Flap Bag

jandelvis

Apr 2, 2007
Yesterday my bf was kind enough to allow a detour into LunaBoston and I saw the Clara Flap bag IRL in the black patent and i was really impressed and taken by surprise! Don't have any pics, but want to encourage any of you that are remotely intrigued to go check it out!

first of all, it's not really patent-y at all IMO. More of a glazed leather. It has a softness and suppleness that is really pleasing. The bag just screams glamour IRL - the gold hardware and the leather circle lock look so posh. kind of reminds me of treesje in the way that is looks like a much more $$ bag than it is. the lining is this kicky stripe that looks like ikat-gone-to-the-circus. My only complaint was that the circle lock was a little difficult to undo - needed two hands, so it's not for a day where you need easy access to the main compartment. but there is a zip pocket on the back for keys/cell and anything you might go after frequently. and for those of us city/subway dwellers, the main compartment closure might be an asset if you're worried about security. even the bf said "that is a really cool bag" and that happen maybe once a year? :tup:

1219256384809056801.jpg_zoom.

ITA. I also saw it here IRL and it is really a unique and striking bag. The leather has a very luxurious quality. Really a gorgeous piece and highly recommended.

I too have been drooling over her... since the first day I saw her actually. The brown colour combo has a really cool look to it too!

Gosh, I came here to start a Clara thread and here it is! For me, she's a sleeper hit. Other bags from the HH F/W 08 caught my eye first, but the more I look at this bag, the more I think I could love her for a decade at least. First, I need the Wyeth tote, but I definitely want this in the yam. The trophy bag is also beginning to call my name.

I have my eye on Clara, too. Any one know if the strap is long enough to wear crossbody?

As I recall, it fit across me comfortably, since it has an expandable strap. I'm 5'4" and normal sized, if that helps.

I decided against it because i'm still involved in the whole violet crinkle havana v. trophy debate. but it is so pretty!

Hmmmm...if it is that difficult, you might need both.:tup:

Ack! I know! But my mortgage calls and I've ordered so many bags already for fall! Then again, I could just eat ramen noodles all month to pay for both and lose a ton of weight in the process. :P

actually, now that i think of it, that sounds like a fabulous idea...:rolleyes: