Claiming not as described

bellabags23

Mar 24, 2009
Hi I recently bought a Tory Burch bag from ebay, the bag still had tags on it and it was described as a store return. When I received the bag it was smaller than I thought so I decided to sell it. The buyer received the bag yesterday and just sent me an email through paypal stating the bag was not as descibed. I clearly stated this bag had a dark mark on one side and fingernail scratches on it and a stain on the inside. The buyer is telling me the corners are scuffed which they are not and there is another dark mark which was not mentioned. They said they are going to return the bag to me. I clearly stated NO RETURNS, but for what I am reading here it doesn't seem to matter. I usually buy and rarely sell. I am so aggrivated to me it is the point I am guessing it is buyers remorse. I don't know how to go about this. Please help

I'm really sorry to hear this, I know how you feel. :hugs:

Has the buyer opened a dispute or claim through Paypal/eBay? Do you feel that the pictures in your listing clearly depicted all flaws and accurately reflected the overall condition of the bag? If so, I would tell the buyer thanks but no thanks.

Thanks Jenawins for your reply. I listed the bag and had clear pictures and described accurately, the only thing I did not list is that on the inside pocket there were #'s written in a marker, which I have bought bags before which were stated as a store return and had the same thing. I didn't bother me so I didn't mention it. But I would take maybe something off for that but the buyer is claiming it had damage it never had. In my listing the bag was listed as preowned and I said it had tags on it and stated it had whatever was wrong with the bag. I had it listed and then the listing ended. I got messaged by the buyer asking me if I would relist the bag so I did with a BIN, I relisted the bag on my iphone so I didn't realize it only relisted 4 pictures instead of the original 12. But in the original listing it had very clear pictures of the bag.

Hmm. Would eBay be able to get you for SNAD because of the lack of photos in the second listing since that is technically the transaction which the buyer completed? Have you tried Live Chat to ask them?

Ok well do not panic yet. :hugs:

Tell eBay what is going on. TBH, more than likely they will advise you to accept the return. Technically the buyer did complete the transaction for the listing which showed only 4 pictures, even though you and I both know she is likely full of BS.

I would just accept a return, relist the bag, and find a decent buyer who deserves it!

I'm going through it too. My buyer claimed a seam was goofy - even though the dress was BNWT. She demanded a return/full refund and sent the dress back before I could even communicate with her (I had a no return policy too). Unfortunately for me, she damaged the dress while it was in her possession (I think she wore it). Now I'm dealing with that mess. You may want to keep things positive and accept the return. Things can get ugly fast if you're not careful. Good luck:smile:

the buyer is probably going to open a SNAD.. unfair but she will... just have her

send it back... deduct the shipping costs and relist the bag with all these

particulars... in the end its less aggravation as she can just do a chargeback..

good luck to you...

Nordstrom Rack puts the numbers in the pocket and it should always be mentioned. If you yourself provided photos from every angle and clearly described what was wrong with the bag, then you should be fine. Alot of people are buying using iphones and the like and onlys ee the photos you provide at the top of the listing in the photo galllery.

Since you only had 4 photos, I would take the return and relist it properly. I would pay her shipping both ways so you are going to have to use send money to pay the return shipping.

iPhones and the like are gadgets. I do not think they should be used for listing until they come further along.

Hi everyone thank you for your advice... I told the buyer I will accept the return grrrrr... But it's better than a bigger headache how do I get bays fees back?

And vhdos I read your thread... Unbelievable!!!!

interesting bc i relisted something from my iphone and only 4 pics came up too- even though i had 12 in the listing. it took someone messaging me about something else to see it. maybe it's an iphone app glitch?