CL Shoe Care and Maintenance Guide FAQ

I have never used any liquid stretch. I am guessing that it would stretch faster with it but I usually keep shoes in stretchers for longer if needed. Once they are in I check on them about every 12 hours daily until its a comfortable fit.

I never use liquid stretch anymore; I tried the Cadillac liquid stretch at first on a pair of red Ferragamo's I picked up at consignment for like $20, and it darkened the leather around the stitching. I also stuck my foot in before it was completely dry, and it took my toenail polish off, so I don't trust it anymore. I'd definitely recommend doing a patch test first.

Please bear with my typing as I'm on my phone. My patent Simples still "fart" when I walk, and any amount of deodorant or powder didn't fix it. I tried filling the gaps under the insoles with moleskin and that didn't work either. So I tried a foot petal killer kushion and it turned the noise into more of a high squeak... :/ Is this as much as I can do, or is there another method I can try before I send them off to a cobbler?

Techie, maybe you could try wearing nylons with them? They make some that are very low cut, just barely covering your toes and heels (or you could steal some from a shoe store, the ones they give you to try on with shoes).

Oh that's not a bad idea...I was planning to wear them tomorrow with tights, and I was test driving them at home with bare feet. I'll give that a try tonight...thanks!

The store nylon freebies are the best!

They are literally the most low-cut ones on the market.

I always try to grab a few pairs when I buy new shoes. :nuts:

Thanks again to Leda for organizing this essential guide!

The store nylon freebies are the best!

They are literally the most low-cut ones on the market.

I always try to grab a few pairs when I buy new shoes. :nuts:

Thanks again to Leda for organizing this essential guide!

Yes, thanks Leda!

I'm swinging by Dillard's this weekend to grab a handful. ;p None of my footies at home are low enough. I won't need them with my tights at least!

In my first post I was referring to socks as to 'wearing thick socks and walking around' to stretch the shoes. I forgot though about this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...-lazy-gals-way-to-stretch-toe-box-320736.html

which I just wanted to put a reference to here. You can use your stuffed socks as stretchers if you dont want to invest in a pair of high heel stretchers as explained in the thread.

If anyone else finds threads on shoe care and such can you add a links here too please. :heart: