CL Scam? Please Help Before My Friend Sends Her Money!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
    HELP! My friend is about to make the following purchase on ebay and neither she nor I are sure about the seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180277547139&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

I have never bought CLs on ebay so I don't know what to think. I tried looking at our threads related to scams and fake CLs but I didn't find anything and there are hundreds of pages to go through. Do any of you know this seller or have information on them? What do you think? Please help!:shrugs:

2. They look like fakes to me, as well as the other CL's he's got listed. I'm pretty sure we've reported these.

3. those dont' look right, your friend shouldn't buy them

4. I agree, don't do it.

5. Absolutely NOT! The toe is completely wrong as is the rest of the shape...Stop her!!NO!

6. I just reported them as well as the others being listed by this seller. I've posted the item numbers in our fake CL thread.

7. The seller is also in Hong Kong. For me, that's a 'no, no'

8. AND mushroom_city

9. don't get me wrong, I believe there are reputable sellers in HK. But for me and my money, nah, not gonna deal with sellers from Hong King. That's just me.

10. Those are most definitely fake.

11. ^^I agree.

12. Ahhhhhh! Oh no! She didn't listen to me when I told her to wait and she sent the seller $1,500 via paypal for two pairs of so called "Loubies":shrugs:. She didn't even do the transaction on ebay!!! Thanks for your warnings and feedback. I feel so bad for her. I just got off the phone with her and she is calling paypal right now. This is what I wanted to do to her when she told me that she sent the money: :noggin:

13. :Push::Push::Push: $1500??? yikes!