CL or YSL? Opinions please!

more_CHOOS

Sofa King on a Ban!!
Mar 18, 2008
Hi all,

I'm in a little torn between these two lovelies. The YSL Tribute pumps and the CL No Barre. I would really love a pair of maryjanes for this fall. I obviously can only get one pair. So which should I get? I want the YSL because I love the peep toe and it's something other than CL. But then I want CL because I'm kind of shoe snob. You know what they say, "Once you go CL, you dont' go back!"

These are the YSL Tribute pumps.. ($660)
Tribute178561B8I001000-3

or the CL No Barre (picture take from Trenduet) ($995)

7e88_1.JPG

s.gif

shim.gif
shim.gif

techie81

No more shopping!!!!
Jul 8, 2008
Oi, that's a tough choice. As far as price, YSL all the way. Do you have a pair of YSLs yet? Nothing wrong with a little diversity in your collection. :yes: The No Barres are lovely though.

ohNina

Feb 11, 2007
I actually like the look of the CL a little more...although the YSL is very nice too. I purchased a pair of YSL recently, and they are very comfortable. Since you like them equally, save the $300 and get the YSL (put your savings for your next CL purchase)

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
I actually like the YSL more. Don't shoot me, gals.

I love the look of the YSL tribute. It's really iconic. The shape, the platform, the peep toe...I think this shoe is a LOT more recognizable if you're considering the snob factor. :sweatdrop:

Both styles are definitely wearable, a decade later. But I refuse to pay almost $1k for the No Barre. Just because they are not being made doesn't mean that they are worth $1k to me. For $1k, I want a snake on my feet. Peta, please don't shoot me.

My vote's for the YSL. I've tried it on and it's incredibly sexy.

babypie

Jun 3, 2007
I actually like the YSL more. Don't shoot me, gals.

I love the look of the YSL tribute. It's really iconic. The shape, the platform, the peep toe...I think this shoe is a LOT more recognizable if you're considering the snob factor. :sweatdrop:

Both styles are definitely wearable, a decade later. But I refuse to pay almost $1k for the No Barre. Just because they are not being made doesn't mean that they are worth $1k to me. For $1k, I want a snake on my feet. Peta, please don't shoot me.

My vote's for the YSL. I've tried it on and it's incredibly sexy.

:roflmfao: