CL noob needs help with first pair of Pigalles!

jj69

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Okay, girls. I decided I can't live without a pair of Pigalles. They have to be 120s and they have to be black. My problem is that I don't live anywhere near a CL boutique, so I'm going to be forced to use mail order. I've heard that the 120s are hard to fit if you have a wider foot, so I hope someone has some advice on how much to size up.

I basically wear a US 9. My toe box area is a bit wide, so I usualy have to go up to a US 9.5 in most 4" - 5" heels. For example, the popular Guess Carrie pumps fit me perfectly in a US 9.5.

Any idea if I would need a Louboutin 39.5, 40, or something else?

Also, where is the best place to buy Pigalles these days? I know eBay can be loaded with fakes, but where else can I get them? Are the 120's still impossible to find in the boutiques?

I did notice the CL special order thread. The 120s are on the SO list for 2009. Is that the best way to go? What is the retail boutique price for them?

Sorry for all the questions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

I recently bought a pair of 100 Pigalles that I had to return because they were too big. I normally wear a 6 US and bought a 6.5 Pigalle. Even with heel pads and ball of foot cushion, they were still slightly too big, so I would say that Pigalle's are either TTS or 1/2 size down, based on your foot.

Yes, I know sizing up in pumps can sometimes cause problems with them sliding off. However, I heard the same thing about the Guess Carries and they fit me wonderfully. They're amazingly comfortable for $90 shoes.

Is it true that some people are actually sizing DOWN in Pigalles? I never heard that before!

If it's true that some people size down, perhaps I should just stay TTS. That also begs the question of size conversion. I know my US 9 converts to a Euro 39 in some brands and a Euro 40 in others. I'm assuming US 9.5 usually = Euro 39.5 in CL?

I recently bought a pair of 100 Pigalles that I had to return because they were too big. I normally wear a 6 US and bought a 6.5 Pigalle. Even with heel pads and ball of foot cushion, they were still slightly too big, so I would say that Pigalle's are either TTS or 1/2 size down, based on your foot.

I'm thinking people size down because of the really high heel with no platform. Your foot is pushed forward and heel would slip if you sized up.

With wide feet, I would go with your normal US size. If you are between sizes, I would go down to the lower size. If your heels slip just a bit, you can always use pads.

If it's true that some people size down, perhaps I should just stay TTS. That also begs the question of size conversion. I know my US 9 converts to a Euro 39 in some brands and a Euro 40 in others. I'm assuming US 9.5 usually = Euro 39.5 in CL?

Good idea, I would start with TTS...worst case scenario is you have to exchange them. I'm currently doing that with a pair of Decollete's. The only thing you'll be out would be about $20 for shipping and you'll learn something for your next pair :tup:

Yes, a 9.5US would be a 39.5 Euro sizing

Okay. Thanks for all the advice. I think I will just stay TTS and see how it goes.

So the next question is where to buy. Will anyplace have these in stock now, or do I have to look on eBay?

What about doing a SO? Is that easy to do over the phone?

Finally, how much can I expect to pay? I always thought they retailed for $900, but now I'm hearing that the actual retail is really only $599. Is that true? Does Saks or Neiman's ever have the 120s in stock in black, or is a SO the only way to get them?

Retail is something like $585 or $595, I can't remember exactly.
If you can et them from Neimans or BG, I recommend going that route since the boutiques do not do refunds, only store credit.

I agree with JetSetGo. If you are in the US...go with Saks, NM, BG or even Barneys. My first try would be to call Saks in Atlanta and ask for Jonathan (he is off until Wednesday this week). He is the BEST and if they have that shoe anywhere in any Saks, he will find them for you. That is where I got my Pigalle's but they were only 100, so I dont know if they have the 120 or not.
I think the department stores are easier to deal with than the boutiques. If Saks doesnt have them, using Neiman Marcus' free personal shopper service on their website and send them what you are looking for and they will also scour all the stores/warehouses and let you know if they can get them for you. Good luck.

Thank you everyone for the great advice. Sounds like the department stores are definitely the place to begin.

One follow-up question. Is the Jonathan you refer to in Atlanta the same Jonathan everyone goes to for their Lanvin flats? If so, I think I've actually dealt with him before. If someone has the Atlanta phone number handy, please PM it to me.

Thanks again!

Actually, go with what JetSetGo suggested for the simple fact that they have a better return/exchange policy. :P I have a pair of shoes that I bought on a whim that I realize I should've exchanged and now it's about 2 weeks after the 10 day period. :blah: