CL ladies.. I miss our happy cozy community

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW... I really don't know how I feel about this... I mean, yes I certainly see whats going on here and I agree there have been some lows but there are always highs when we are discussing our precious CLs!;) I don't know about the fake collection thing (which I find disgusting- and think it should also be reported) but I don't always look at all the threads:shame:.

Overall I just feel like this is a place for us to be able to discuss our awesome shoes, feelings and all I guess. I know I personally have grown to "love and appreciate" many here for their contributions, advice, and hilarious commentary... hopefully we can just put the bad behind us and get back to discussing the CLs!

Yeah, I am new-ish and I would hate to compliment someone on a collection (that I wouldn't know is fake or not unless it was REALLY obvious) that is a disrespect to Monsieur Louboutin and to everyone else who actually posts their authentic shoes and deserves compliments and praise.

Ugh, just irks me. I wish I knew what fake collection you were talking about!! I need to get better at spotting the fake shoes! :wtf:

I'm glad that you posted this thread, Ledaatomica. I am new to this forum and kind of noticed it was sometimes a little "interesting"... Let's definitely bring our love of CL back to topic!

I really dont want to hear about your pyschotic behaviour

I haven't witnessed any of that.

your inability to manage your finances, I dont want to see your 'faux' CL shoes

This I can understand. You shouldn't put yourself in financial distress over shoes and then complain about it.

I dont want ladies bickering about a truly wonderful contributor to our community who has been MIA last 24 hours because of this

I see your point here, but for someone like me, who relies on info from this forum because I have no "contacts", it's heartbreaking to know that the shoes I've wanted for my wedding were purchased right before I called. I hope this person doesn't think that I was attacking him/her, when I was simply venting because he/she got there first (and whose to say that it was a tPF member). And yes, I WAS :cursing: off, but I'm over it. Business is business after all.

I hope that isn't considered psychotic behavior:flowers:

I dont want anyone trying to win our love by being a 'poser' and faking a CL collection

Win our love :crybaby: ouch. People should keep it real.:yes:

I dont really appreciate that you are out of control and are unable to feed yourself because of your shoe habbit

I said it before and I'll say it again: You shouldn't put yourself in financial distress over shoes and then complain about it.

Am I the only one to notice all this? Do you know what I am talking about? If I am out of line or out of place I am sorry it just for my love of this place.

Everyone has great love for this place, and we have such a wonderful community. Everything will be fine.

I guess I don't know what's going on here... but a collection of fake CLs!? :hysteric:that's intolerable!! :cursing::cursing:
As much as I love CLs, I would hate to find myself drooling over some fake CLs, just because I don't know how to spot fakes..

Leda I know what you are talking about, it is sad, and it has bothered me. It is distressing on many levels.
I am not sure I know about the fakes, but I want to. The other issues she brought I noticed right away.

Overall I just feel like this is a place for us to be able to discuss our awesome shoes, feelings and all I guess. I know I personally have grown to "love and appreciate" many here for their contributions, advice, and hilarious commentary... hopefully we can just put the bad behind us and get back to discussing the CLs!

Me too. That's what I value about this place.

Leda I know what you are talking about, it is sad, and it has bothered me. It is distrssing on many levels.

Yeah, I have held back in sharing somewhat because I was not feeling as comfortable as I once did. If it continues to go in this direction, I'll probably be successful with my ban.

^^ I love tPF too! I'm a relative newbie to the CL thread, started out in Chanel, and I post when I feel comfortable. I love coming to this forum and sharing and learning. I recently bought my first pair of CL's because you girls and this forum sure has enabled me a LOT more than before I discovered it. It's a wonderful place.. can't we all just get along? :dothewave:

I :heart: this community and I agree. We should all set our standards high, to the same standards these shoes are made :smile:. This isn't a therapist thread, it's a (healthy) shoe-obsession thread!

I just want to say that I also love this forum. I like knowing what's new and available, love seeing the pictures of members' new CL and their outfits, voicing my opinions when other members ask what to wear/buy and helping each others obtaining some pairs that we love.

I also care about this forum and its member and would love to continue reading and posting here. I get the feeling that everyone is nice and helpful and that we share the same love of CL. I was surprised that everyone has been really helpful and as a result I am starting to feel at home.

I never thought that some collections can be fake? I always assume that all shoes I saw here were real.
I was shocked one day when I go to the HTF/good deals threads but there was no HTFs and found ..:boxing:.. instead.:crybaby:I get mixed feelings about it.
I don't dislike anyone because of this, but I felt quite sad as I was flicking through trying to get pass it.

As for other crazy behaviours, I might have missed them too. But, I really don't care. I am sure there are many good people here who are genuinely in love with CL shoes and are empathetic to others. Many enough to drown the negatives. Besides, sometimes it's not that people are really bad, maybe just a bad day or time?
Let us be even nicer to each other. This is a precious community, it's always here when we need it and come on, how many of you have friends who understand CL and your love of CL like the ladies here do? :girlsigh:

hugggggg....:love:

I look at this board a few of times a day and I do have to say that I really do not like it when a member is attacked openly in the forum. I think it verges on bullying and it really is very unpleasant. That is not a criticism of anyone at all in particular but I too wish we could just stick to an appreciation of the shoes and totally avoid getting into the deeply personal disagreements with members.

Also (And Leda please correct me if this is not what you are referring to) the referral to the fake collection if Leda noticed the same thing I did, was not a collection of fake CL, but rather a member who contributed a lot who posed as having a collection of her own CLs, but when asked to reveal the ones she had posted about accumulating, had none to show. I *think* that may be what Leda is referring to by a fake collection i.e. a collection that does not really exist.

I too would just like to get back to the shoes in a supportive and friendly forum without the politics (I have enough of that at work!!:nogood:)

ahem everyone seems to have forgotten that IIIIIII have the largest CL collection in existence. bigger than Mr CL himself!

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

oh man sorry sometimes i just crack myself up, i don't even need a comedy partner!

okay back on topic. i understand what has been happening and it has bummed me out a little. i do think that people should be allowed to keep their 'ebay lives' separate from their 'tpf lives' and that often people are running a business on ebay and really they are free to conduct themselves however they please (within the ebay guidelines ofc) and it shouldn't become such a bone of contention.

i too have been flabbergasted by some people's reckless behaviours when designer things are concerned, i've seen it all over the boards. people need to 'keep up' with everyone else who has the means to afford nice things (they work hard and deserve it) and i know as someone who can't afford super nice things regularly it IS hard to watch. but at the same time....i have witnessed a few people spiralling out of control, recklessly blowing through their mortgage money, new house budget, etc etc. at some point a line has to be drawn.

i love you ladies and want us to be a happy family

Status
Not open for further replies.