CL High Heel Hazards - what are yours ?

Christina2

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
Thought I would start a new thread to help us warn each other of the hazards our lovely CL heels face everyday.

I will start with one of my worst - Broken Sidewalks. You know the type where somebody should fix them but they never do. We have a pretty long stretch of tilted concrete slabs right in front of the back door where I work. Every morning I'm forced to negotitate this mess in my gorgeous pencil thin So Kate 120mm spike heels. I try all sorts of dances to get though the mess including the tippy-toe trot and so far it's worked out pretty well for me.

So tell us - what are some of your special CL Heel Hazards ?

Escalators! Sometimes the tip of my heel will get stuck in the ridges!

And even on regular sidewalks, the little dip/line in between squares. I have a talent for hitting ALL OF THEM when I wear my thin heels. :|

Escalators! Sometimes the tip of my heel will get stuck in the ridges!

And even on regular sidewalks, the little dip/line in between squares. I have a talent for hitting ALL OF THEM when I wear my thin heels. :|

I totally agree. Escalators are my Fifi's worst nightmare!! Most of the time I opt to take the stairs/lift if possible because the heels are so the tips get stuck every single time and then the leather around the tips get all scratched up

All of the above and a downward slopes!!! 100s are fine, but anything above it is scary. I once had to walk in between sideways and backwards when I was wearing my Bianca 140s.

Just like Chanieish, I manage to hit all the little dip/line in between squares. Most of them are concrete?, but some are like rubbers making my heels sink in, and boy does that make me MAD!!!!!

Going down the stairs is scary for me too, so I hang on to railings for dear life as I sllooowwwllllyyy take each step at a time!!! I know I look ridiculous, but cannot help it!!!

All of the above and a downward slopes!!! 100s are fine, but anything above it is scary. I once had to walk in between sideways and backwards when I was wearing my Bianca 140s.

Just like Chanieish, I manage to hit all the little dip/line in between squares. Most of them are concrete?, but some are like rubbers making my heels sink in, and boy does that make me MAD!!!!!

Going down the stairs is scary for me too, so I hang on to railings for dear life as I sllooowwwllllyyy take each step at a time!!! I know I look ridiculous, but cannot help it!!!

I agree with all of the above. I can't even leave my driveway without getting my heel in a crack. Downward slopes (any angle) is the worst for anything above 100 and platform styles are worse. I think it's a hindrance for me not to have direct contact with the surface I am walking on, particularly when it is uneven. I normally walk at a brisk pace, but if I'm going down an incline, I walk a lot slower.

I agree with all of the above. I can't even leave my driveway without getting my heel in a crack. Downward slopes (any angle) is the worst for anything above 100 and platform styles are worse. I think it's a hindrance for me not to have direct contact with the surface I am walking on, particularly when it is uneven. I normally walk at a brisk pace, but if I'm going down an incline, I walk a lot slower.
Ohhh also that bumpy thing that is a guide for blind people!!! Anything with a platform is a disaster!!! Almost snapped my ankles more than a few times!!!!!

I my Black Kid So Kate's caught in a street grate in the city and skinned one of the heels last week.

Last year, I got my Nude So Kates heel stuck in the escalator at the airport.
I nice guy behind me helped me pull it out before we got to the end.

The super thin heels on the So Kates makes them so prone to any little obstacle.

Last edited:
Ohhh also that bumpy thing that is a guide for blind people!!! Anything with a platform is a disaster!!! Almost snapped my ankles more than a few times!!!!!
I CAN relate Helen ... I hit one of those things while I was behind a shopping cart in a pair of So Kates the other day and if it wasn't for the fact that I held onto that cart for dear life I just KNOW I would have gone down ... talk about embarassing, I think my face was a brighter red than my heels - lol

Join the group on this one - sometimes a slippery floor makes my 120's feel like 220's - know aht I mean ?
Yeah, If you ever find yourself in southern california, avoid the Fig and Olive restaurant in newport beach.....was there for birthday....a few glasses of champaine, polished wood floors and so kate's.....eeek!!!....I was debating walking out with my so kates off, but perservered and made it out alive to tell about it....never again....will opt for a Pigalle 100 next time.....