CL High Heel Hazards - what are yours ?

Cobbled streets!

There's a place in the West End of Glasgow called Ashton lane that I go to lots for food and drinks - it is definitely a hazard :lol:

It's a complete nightmare to walk on when wearing my So Kate's - pic attached!

OMG, that looks like a death trap, it must be murder if it rains too? Looks like a surefire way to be heading straight to Casualty/ = "The ER" for American readers :smile: Crikey that looks lethal! x

I wore my baila spikes for the second time this week and I got stuck in these grates upon entering a restaurant...totally ruined the leather on the left heel and scraped the red paint as well. I was heartbroken.

Reminds me of the old kid's rhyme that included 'step on a crack, break your mother's back'. For some reason, I try to avoid stepping on cracks.

Hi All, the biggest hazard I am finding just now is the rainy autumn/fall weather and the paths getting covered in the falling leaves! The rain makes all those leaves very slippery! I'm not at the office today though, so no worries about that particular hazard just for today :smile:
Lily

Hi All, the biggest hazard I am finding just now is the rainy autumn/fall weather and the paths getting covered in the falling leaves! The rain makes all those leaves very slippery! I'm not at the office today though, so no worries about that particular hazard just for today :smile:
Lily

Yes I agree StilettoedLily, there are heavy rainstorms here just now (it feels like is nighttime at 3pm coz the skies are so dark) so things are very hazardous right now.

Yes I suppose you are right we are talking generic hazards rather than CL specific ones in the main NM Nevuhmynd, but maybe our CLs are just that bit more precious than other shoes?... so its more painful when they get damaged or we risk breaking our ankles in them lol

I understand this is the CL forum, but are the hazards discussed really CL specific? Aren't they the same for all heels regardless of brand?

True some generic hazards really. I guess CLs just make hazardous situations worse because of the emotional attachment, the fear of ruining super gorgeous expensive shoes; monetary value of the shoes and the general delicacy of them. Case in point... its turned a little icy out today, and while my CLs aren't really more unsuitable than any pair of similar high heels in that situation I'm more conscious of them coz of the heel height, expense and preciousness!
Louise x

A couple of times I've almost rear ended someone because my heel got stuck in the gap between the gas pedal and the floor of my car - I had to tilt my right foot all the way backwards and slam the brakes with my left foot. Needless to say I don't drive in heels anymore :shocked: