CL drama at work...

I've never had anyone comment on the price of my CLs, just the heel height and how I'm able to walk on them.

PS: This forum is a bad influence, I've just ordered a new pair of CLs. :blah:

:P

I get the comments about wearing heels too. One lady I work with tells me something one day about my "15-inch heels." She always teases me about wearing heels and says I'm gonna have yucky feet one day. Oh, well.

And I agree, keya. It is a bad influence. Before I came here I never had even considered buying a pair. I saw them in a Saks catalog and was like hell, no, I'm not paying that for shoes. Famous last words....

I get the comments about wearing heels too. One lady I work with tells me something one day about my "15-inch heels." She always teases me about wearing heels and says I'm gonna have yucky feet one day. Oh, well.

And I agree, keya. It is a bad influence. Before I came here I never had even considered buying a pair. I saw them in a Saks catalog and was like hell, no, I'm not paying that for shoes. Famous last words....

I got a comment similar to this not too long ago from my sis-in-law. I took my shoes off (I was at my parent's house and they have new carpet) and she said "Oh my God, you're a shorty! I never noticed 'cause you're always wearing those high heels" I guess it wasn't what she said, but the way she said it :rolleyes:

I hate hate hate when people pass judgement on how much money I spend on things!

Last year, I got into a fight with one of my best friends because she said I was just too snobby about the things I own and my expensive clothes, etc etc. Maybe I did come off that way and I apologized to her and since then I have been VERY careful about what I say and how I act because I don't want to offend anyone. She said that she felt insecure around me when I was wearing Burberry, Lacoste, etc etc. Well she has NO room to talk because she is a freaking horseback rider..She buys $2000 saddles and gets $500 riding boots for Christmas. Like other people said, it's all about priorities. I called her out on all of this and a few months later we are fine. No more talk about money.

I think we have both just realized our differences in priorities and money management and we haven't discussed this or gotten in a fight about this in over year :smile: While I was annoyed that money caused in a rift in our friendship I am glad that we were able to work past it because she really is a good friend.

Not much of a drama story, but just wanted to share what happened:

In the same event of seeing the girl (in green sweater) w/ Lady Gres, a male coworker who was lunching w/ me noticed her and was totally checking her out. I didn't even realize he was doing this, because I was more fixated on her shoes. Walking out of the food establishment, this coworker talks to the 3rd coworker w/ us and I overhear him saying something about how thought the girl in the green sweater was hot. I then said, "I know exactly who you're was talking about!" A little to excitedly, apparently, because he immediately follows that up with, "Really? So you think she is hot too?" I said, "Yes, she has hot shoes!" :biggrin:

People at my office tell my that my shoes are pretty, but they are all too stupid to know anything beyond that they are pretty. Which is fine, becuase I dont like any of them, ad wouldnt want them knowing how much they cost. It would just be added to the list of things they use against me every day.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I AM. These people have ruined my life and if I didnt need the health insurance I would tell ALL of them where they can put their stupid job.

People at work do make comments about my shoes...
"How many of those shoes do you have???"
"Why do you spend so much?"

Everyone makes their own choices of how they want to spend their money.
For me it's shoes. For someone else it may be travel... Others have country homes...
I refuse to feel bad. It's all personal choice. :flowers:

I apparently have a shoe fetish, according to some people. It's the same - why do you have so many, how can you spend more than $50 on a pair of shoes? Etc. etc.

Holt's is having their cardholder appreciation event this weekend - 25% off a lot of regular merchandise (I'm hoping that some shoes are included in this deal). One coworker who does like nice things asked if I was going or if I liked anything. I said sure, but when I look at the women here, I wonder why I bother. No one will spend one dime more than they have to on themselves. It makes you want to cry. I do it for me, but it's hard. I'm not the only one. A lot of women do shop at Holt's and have their bags held for an afternoon til the weekend, so none of their coworkers see what they've bought.

Something made me think of this. Hubby told me after I wore the Foxtrots (which are more of a fun shoe) that I was not allowed to ever wear them with him again. He hated them and said they looked like drag queen shoes. I was so offended! Some people just don't get it!

Something made me think of this. Hubby told me after I wore the Foxtrots (which are more of a fun shoe) that I was not allowed to ever wear them with him again. He hated them and said they looked like drag queen shoes. I was so offended! Some people just don't get it!

:wtf:

Hubby and I spotted a woman wearing foxtrots in Las Vegas and I asked him if he liked them. He said "No, they look kinda weird" :lol:

I forgot to say earlier. I was wearing my Laponos in a meeting with an EVP at my company, and one of the other women in the room said "Oh your shoes look like stripper shoes!" I couldn't believe it. Not only does she not recognize the difference between CLs and "Pleasers," but making that comment in front of our superiors was so cruel. I know it's just jealousy, but that does not give anyone the right to be rude. I think my shoes are beautiful. If other people want to tromp around in silly-printed rubber rain boots or whatever, so be it. But I'll take my CLs any day. ;)