CL drama at work...

I completely agree. The audacity of her! Fact of the matter is she probably knew all about the shoes, and out of sheer, utter jealousy wanted to make scene about the expensive shoes with the "paint" on them. That most likely she can't nor will ever have the class to wear. I'm glad you set her straight.:boxing:

When the time is right... read her the riot act... and throw in the fact that your shoes(probably...when I say probably I really mean most likely 90% out of 100%) cost more than her whole look...for a couple of days at that. Touche' her and walk away. That's boousie...

That's exactly what you should have told her! It's not her business, and if you choose to actually spend your money on what you want instead of hating on others for having what they want, then so be it. Good for you:tup:

I am SOOO SORRY that happened to you! It really sucks when that happens. my VP of Operations and my immediate supervisor did that to me numerous times in front of my co-workers; going as far as to say that apparantley I get paid to much! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! It all ended when they asked why i would pay 1,200 dollars for an LV purse, apparantly they googled my purse THE NERVE!, and i smiled politely and replied some people just deserve them and raised and touched my purse..... I was SOOOO sick of the comments and that really ended it! They still give my lovelies side-ways glances and i just smirk because I deserve it :yahoo::angel:

Ugh. Gemruby--that sucks.

I love the JayZ lyrics: love me or leave me alone (I say it to BF all the time ... in jest.)

Asha--your story was so wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

I've had to deal with WAY too much female jealousy since high school. I'm a nice girl, used to be so much more insecure, and others could see that. If I wore something nice, it was the easiest way for them to try to break me down--those snide comments, the questions about how much whatever cost. In fact, I even have to deal with it here from the Third World Class of Professional Girlfriends. It's like, just because I busted my a$$ to get an education and tried to school myself in beauty and fashion at the same time doesn't mean it has anything to do with you ... people are SO insecure. It's not fair esp when you've worked really hard (on the inside) to deal with your own insecurities and become a confident AND beautiful woman.

I refuse to answer the "how much did you pay for that" questions. It's tacky and rude, and I won't stoop to that level.

Although I haven't figured out the best response. Once in law school I was wearing my leopard ponyhair helmuts to this fundraiser, and a girl in my class was like, aren't those the shoes all the celebrities wear? How much did they cost?

(I bought them on Ebay for way over retail, but that pair is a COLLECTOR'S item!!!)

I have to confess: I didn't know what to say, so I was like, Oh--they're not real, they're knock offs.

*runs and hides in shame*

legaldiva, I've just said "Oh, girl, they were a LOT," sort of like in a way of saying "I can't believe I paid this much for shoes," but never saying the price. It makes me feel uncomfortable when people ask the price of something.

I've worked with people who have bought boats, campers, big TVs, everything you can imagine, and I never would dream to ask them the price (unless I was in the market) or make a big deal over how they spent their money. And I'm sure a boat or a camper costs a lot more than all the shoes in my closet. It's just what I choose to do my money with because I don't want any of that other stuff. Shoot, I'll probably keep my $400 TV for at least 10 years because I could care less as long as I can watch TV.

Just starting off my collection, I have yet to wear any CLs to work, but THANK YOU to all who have shared insight and stories! I feel better prepared, and perhaps I, too, will rehearse a few lines--just in case.

legaldiva, I've just said "Oh, girl, they were a LOT," sort of like in a way of saying "I can't believe I paid this much for shoes," but never saying the price. It makes me feel uncomfortable when people ask the price of something.

I've worked with people who have bought boats, campers, big TVs, everything you can imagine, and I never would dream to ask them the price (unless I was in the market) or make a big deal over how they spent their money. And I'm sure a boat or a camper costs a lot more than all the shoes in my closet. It's just what I choose to do my money with because I don't want any of that other stuff. Shoot, I'll probably keep my $400 TV for at least 10 years because I could care less as long as I can watch TV.

I completely agree Zophie. Everyone spends money, but on WHAT is the question. People value and place importance on different things (boats, electronics, computers, art, furniture, etc..). I am sure that our interests will change as we get older and our lives change.....but I will always love heels. Might have to admire them in the closet if I am chasing after a toddler one day, but I would definitely return!

I usually get the question HOW can I walk in such high heels and I just reply, "I was born with Barbie feet." You know how Barbie's feet are permantly in a high heel position. Haha. Ladies....assume the position. :lol:

I completely agree Zophie. Everyone spends money, but on WHAT is the question. People value and place importance on different things (boats, electronics, computers, art, furniture, etc..). I am sure that our interests will change as we get older and our lives change.....but I will always love heels. Might have to admire them in the closet if I am chasing after a toddler one day, but I would definitely return!

I usually get the question HOW can I walk in such high heels and I just reply, "I was born with Barbie feet." You know how Barbie's feet are permantly in a high heel position. Haha. Ladies....assume the position. :lol:

Lol! You cracked me up! Barbie Feet! I love it... I honestly feel that why though I practically never wear flats & I used to be in a job that I was on my feet all day in heels! You just get used to it

listen, you were rockin' those shoes and the green-eyed monster popped up. as a lady with great taste, you should be used to seeing that ugly thing and give it kiss on the check. jealousy, poor lady! ha! :P

Great line, I might just borrow it next time.