CL Cate Boot - Three Ways (so far...)

risaxu

O.G.
Jul 13, 2011
I had a giant fiasco with a pair of CL booties last fall.. But we won't speak of that.

Two weeks ago, I finally gave up the search of looking for knee high/below the knee boots -- I'm 5'0" tall and it's really hard to find boots that:
A) fit my calves (used to be a dancer so I have high and muscular calves)
B) don't fit me awkwardly (i.e. above my knee when it's supposed to be below) and
C) don't make me look shorter than I already am.

So after stalking these boots for a while online, I finally caved in and went to Neiman's to try them on. Of course they have my size on display. And I caved.

Now presenting my three day breaking in (+modeling) process :P

image-528973133.jpg

Day One:
I went simple for the first day.
Rag and Bone for SCOOP NYC color block jeans, Helmut Lang sweater + tank, McQueen scarf

image-3440941906.jpg

Day Two:
I wanted to go edgy.
Y-3 drape cardigan, H&M tee dress, Helmut Lang leggings, and Ferragamo waist belt.

image-3287086163.jpg

Day Three:
I live in Boston and I've been dying to do the skirt/dress + knee high + vest combo.
H&M long sleeve tee dress, fur vest and H&M knee high socks.

Any other Cate owners? I love mine!
My only complaint so far is that it's slouching by my ankles :sad: any one have any advice to fix that?

SHOE TWINS! I have the cate boot as well and LOVE them, mine are in a tan color. I usually do the same as you and pair them with my favorite helmut lang leggings or a dress. I get the exact same slouching around the ankle area as well, though I don't mind it so much...I have short legs too so I wonder if it's because of that :P
Have you sprayed yours to protect them? I bought some Apple Garde but am too afraid to use it because I'm afraid I'm going to wreck them and they're my favorite boots!
Congrats on a beautiful pair....I'm really digging the black!

jess10141 said:
SHOE TWINS! I have the cate boot as well and LOVE them, mine are in a tan color. I usually do the same as you and pair them with my favorite helmut lang leggings or a dress. I get the exact same slouching around the ankle area as well, though I don't mind it so much...I have short legs too so I wonder if it's because of that :P
Have you sprayed yours to protect them? I bought some Apple Garde but am too afraid to use it because I'm afraid I'm going to wreck them and they're my favorite boots!
Congrats on a beautiful pair....I'm really digging the black!

Ahhh, this girl commented on mine and said she has the tan too! Do you mind sharing a pic if you have one? I'm just dying to see it.

Okay, good to know its not just me! I was starting to wonder if I needed to wear thicker socks :P

I haven't sprayed mine.. They've graced rain already. I'll be storing them once it started snowing here in Boston. I usually don't spray any of my shoes :x

Thank you! I'm excited for my next pair of CL's now :biggrin: it just gives so much confidence when I wear them.

I actually found mine on ebay after a fiasco of my own about a year ago with a pair of black Cate boots...so I feel your pain. I ended up getting a pair of Fendi's instead and I am sure glad I did because I love this tan color....and I'm hard pressed to find tan boots I like.

But those black ones are soo pretty...I know it's just my obsession talking but those black ones are making my heart beat fast too! I don't actually NEED them lol.

Attachments

• loubie4.jpg
    loubie4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 511
  • loubie1.jpg
    loubie1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 480
  • loubie2.jpg
    loubie2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 498
  • loubie3.jpg
    loubie3.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 493
jess10141 said:
I actually found mine on ebay after a fiasco of my own about a year ago with a pair of black Cate boots...so I feel your pain. I ended up getting a pair of Fendi's instead and I am sure glad I did because I love this tan color....and I'm hard pressed to find tan boots I like.

But those black ones are soo pretty...I know it's just my obsession talking but those black ones are making my heart beat fast too! I don't actually NEED them lol.

Oh. My. The tan is gorgeoussssss! :heart: It's the perfect shade of tan!!
They also come in a hunter green suede this season -- not sure how versatile and durable that's going to be though.