CL Cate Boot - Three Ways (so far...)

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I had a giant fiasco with a pair of CL booties last fall.. But we won't speak of that.

Two weeks ago, I finally gave up the search of looking for knee high/below the knee boots -- I'm 5'0" tall and it's really hard to find boots that:
    A) fit my calves (used to be a dancer so I have high and muscular calves)
    B) don't fit me awkwardly (i.e. above my knee when it's supposed to be below) and
    C) don't make me look shorter than I already am.

So after stalking these boots for a while online, I finally caved in and went to Neiman's to try them on. Of course they have my size on display. And I caved.

Now presenting my three day breaking in (+modeling) process :P

image-528973133.jpg

Day One:
    I went simple for the first day.
    Rag and Bone for SCOOP NYC color block jeans, Helmut Lang sweater + tank, McQueen scarf

image-3440941906.jpg

Day Two:
    I wanted to go edgy.
    Y-3 drape cardigan, H&M tee dress, Helmut Lang leggings, and Ferragamo waist belt.

image-3287086163.jpg

Day Three:
    I live in Boston and I've been dying to do the skirt/dress + knee high + vest combo.
    H&M long sleeve tee dress, fur vest and H&M knee high socks.

Any other Cate owners? I love mine!
    My only complaint so far is that it's slouching by my ankles :sad: any one have any advice to fix that?

2. SHOE TWINS! I have the cate boot as well and LOVE them, mine are in a tan color. I usually do the same as you and pair them with my favorite helmut lang leggings or a dress. I get the exact same slouching around the ankle area as well, though I don't mind it so much...I have short legs too so I wonder if it's because of that :P
    Have you sprayed yours to protect them? I bought some Apple Garde but am too afraid to use it because I'm afraid I'm going to wreck them and they're my favorite boots!
    Congrats on a beautiful pair....I'm really digging the black!

3. Ahhh, this girl commented on mine and said she has the tan too! Do you mind sharing a pic if you have one? I'm just dying to see it.

Okay, good to know its not just me! I was starting to wonder if I needed to wear thicker socks :P

I haven't sprayed mine.. They've graced rain already. I'll be storing them once it started snowing here in Boston. I usually don't spray any of my shoes :x

Thank you! I'm excited for my next pair of CL's now :biggrin: it just gives so much confidence when I wear them.

4. I actually found mine on ebay after a fiasco of my own about a year ago with a pair of black Cate boots...so I feel your pain. I ended up getting a pair of Fendi's instead and I am sure glad I did because I love this tan color....and I'm hard pressed to find tan boots I like.

But those black ones are soo pretty...I know it's just my obsession talking but those black ones are making my heart beat fast too! I don't actually NEED them lol.

loubie4.jpg loubie1.jpg loubie2.jpg loubie3.jpg
  5. Oh. My. The tan is gorgeoussssss! :heart: It's the perfect shade of tan!!
    They also come in a hunter green suede this season -- not sure how versatile and durable that's going to be though.

6. Thank you! I saw those too, I prefer the leather like we have but I definitely like those in suede as well though I agree with you, they are less versatile.

7. congrats! Those boots are great

8. My boyfriend has a pair of these and I think they are really cool for a flat looking boot with a tiny bit of a hidden wedge!

All stilettos for me tho!

9. They look great! Glad they work for you! :smile:

10. Great boots! Congrats!

11. Congratulations!!