CL Boutique sent me the wrong *signed* pair of shoes!

FlipDiver

O.G.
Nov 4, 2010
I finally received the pair of shoes I ordered from last week's shoe signing. I was looking forward to it all week. I ordered through email a pair of black Ron Rons in size 36:

RONRON100.jpg

What I got instead was a right shoe in 36.5, signed with my name, and a left shoe in size 37! :confused1: Not only were they the wrong size, but they were mismatched! They are so big on me I look like a little girl trying on her mom's shoes. And they didn't even come with a dust bag! Wth?

I called the store and spoke to the SA who took my order to give her the heads up that I have to send the shoes back. She tried to tell me that they can send me the size 36 (unsigned of course) and usually they don't take returns but she can offer me a store credit. :tdown: I was thinking, um, are you joking? I knew that's their return policy, but this was obviously their mistake. I politely declined and told her the whole point of the order was that I wanted the shoes signed. (Otherwise I could have gotten them from Saks at 10% off and free shipping.)

I was kind of annoyed that she was giving me a hard time about sending back their mistake that I didn't even ask about how it should be sent back. I would have asked for their UPS account # so I wouldn't have to pay for the return shipping, but since they wouldn't even readily agree to return the shoes, I'm sure the return shipping will be up to me. So what would you guys do? Should I call them and confirm how they want it returned, or just go ahead and send it back UPS/USPS/FedEx, etc?

Sorry to hear about this BIG mix-up.

I wouldn't call, rather I'd email so that you can have a clear trail. Also, when you send them back, include the emails so that whoever opens the box will know the back story (in case the SA isn't there when it's received).

Since the store only wants to give you store credit, for their mistake, I'd take it up with you CC company filing a chargeback and let them deal with it.

Good Luck

C, i'm so sorry they didn't bend over backwards to make sure they fixed the problem. Can you speak to the manager and reiterate how DISAPPOINTED and UPSET you are that they got the wrong pair signed and sent to you? I don't see why you have to pay for return shipping when it was clearly a mistake on their part?

Sorry to hear about this BIG mix-up.

I wouldn't call, rather I'd email so that you can have a clear trail. Also, when you send them back, include the emails so that whoever opens the box will know the back story (in case the SA isn't there when it's received).

Since the store only wants to give you store credit, for their mistake, I'd take it up with you CC company filing a chargeback and let them deal with it.

Good Luck

I totally agree. You're not returning because you didn't like them, but because THEY screwed up! I would demand a refund and go through my cc company if that didn't work. Be sure to return the shoes using a trackable method.

I printed out all our email communication and email/phone order confirmation, and added a note about the return. When I spoke to the SA at the time she initially acted reluctant about the return and said she has to speak to her manager first, who is currently out of the state. I might just call him directly next week.

I will most definitely get my money back though, because the order form clearly stated it was to be a signed pair of Ron Rons in size 36, not a signed pair of 36.5 or unsigned 36. I'm not worried about getting my money back, including the ridiculous $20 shipping charge. Jeshika, you're totally right, and I'm just very disappointed that they don't seem to want to fix their mistake, and instead are giving me a hard time about returning shoes I never ordered in the first place. Oh well.

Don't be worried about getting your money back from the boutique. I'm sure you CC will side with you. Keep notes of days you make calls and the person(s) you spoke with, the CC may ask for this in addition to your emails.

The boutique has a no-return policy only store credit. But this was their fault. I have faith that you'll be fine.

Did you pay by Amex? I know they are SUPERB when it comes to chargebacks.

one more thing: when you speak to the boutique, don't ASK for a refund, DEMAND (in a professional manner) a refund. Asking, gives them the option. IMO, they shouldn't have an option.

flipdiver, this is completely unacceptable.... the error was on their part, and they should be bending over backwards to fix it.

if the SA is not cooperative, i would escalate it to the store manager. DAVID at Miami is very good and receptive. good luck, and i am so sorry you have to go through this, what a disappointment!!!

flipdiver, this is completely unacceptable.... the error was on their part, and they should be bending over backwards to fix it.

if the SA is not cooperative, i would escalate it to the store manager. DAVID at Miami is very good and receptive. good luck, and i am so sorry you have to go through this, what a disappointment!!!

^^ This

David is a saint, he will fix it. :angel:

Flip-PM me. I will send you my email address so you can forward the emails to me and I will go down there and take care of it. David is not out of town, he is here. I will take care of it.

Don't worry about where David is. He just got back. What they probably meant is that he isn't in the store. They are good people. Just hang in there. It will get taken care of. Trust me, these are very decent people.

Flip-PM me. I will send you my email address so you can forward the emails to me and I will go down there and take care of it. David is not out of town, he is here. I will take care of it.

This is why i love TPf.. You ladies around here rock!! Flip, I totally agree with you on being upset but luckily you have the TPF girls backing you and im sure all will be handled and youll get the correct pair soon!