CL Boots...what do you think???

Jun 24, 2008
So I just ordered these boots through my SA
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...000141cat000149cat000199cat5130731cat17970748
They seem to be the same or close to the same as the Babel boots...I ordered a 37.5 ( I've been purchasing a 37 in the VP's...so I hope that's the right size!). What do you guys think??? It's a big purchase so I wanted to see if anyone knows anything about these, has them, etc. If you do have them, do you love them? How do they fit? Thanks ladies!!! I did a search for these but I couldn't find much information! Thanks again! :smile:

There is not any noticeable difference between the Babel and the Ginerva. The main difference is in the location of the zipper. The Babel is in the back and the Ginerva is on the inside side of the boot. They are both made of a single piece of leather. Both have a small inside platform. Both have the same heel height. Put side by side, one could not tell much of a difference. The only other real difference that I noticed when trying the two styles on next to each other is that the Babel is slightly more fitted or curved in the back. More of a "molded" fit. The Ginerva is probably a little more forgiving, but both have the same calf measurements. Just a slight difference in the way the leather was/is cut.

Both are gorgeous though. It just depends on where you like to zip your boot up to me. I personally prefer the rear zip as it is different and you dont see it much!

Caroline

I love these boots! I'm a sucker for most all boots, but especially so for ones with CL's beautiful lines.

I can't help you out any, but I can certainly envy your new purchase :P

Congratulations!

The difference I noticed between the two is that the Babel has a slightly longer toe and is a bit pointier than the Ginerva which has a shorter toe, and is shaped more like the Declic in the toe area.

Caroline (or anyone else who's tried it on)- how was sizing on the Ginerva? The Saks website recommends TTS, but like most others my CL's average a 1/2 size up. Would you recommend TTS or going w/a normal CL size? I'd have to drive at least 6 hours to reach any store that carries CL, so unfortunately trying them on isn't an option.