CL Black Patent: Bruges and/or Decollete 868

legaldiva

O.G.
Oct 26, 2006
Help me decide what to add next to my CL collection!! :flowers:

So I was thinking my next CL acquisition would be the black patent decolletes (I'm thinking of getting the Chanel jumbo flap in black patent--is that overkill) ... but I've also wanted (forever) the blac- k patent bruges.

First question: are black patent shoes with a black patent jumbo flap going to be overkill or *too much patent*?

Second question: are two pairs of black patent shoes too much, too? Should I go for the decolletes in black jazz instead?

For reference, my CL collection is:
- brown suede bruges boots;
- white mesh Mlle Marchand;
- leopard helmuts;
- black mesh pigalles;
- turtle patent decolletes;
- black suede VPs;
- giraffe VPs;
- lime cataribbon wedges.

Thanks! :tup:

I have the Chanel jumbo in black patent and love it! You muuuust get it. And get shoes to match! I don't think it's overkill at all. hehe. I'm an enabler. Unfortunately I can't tell you whether to get the Bruges or the Decolette since I know nothing about CL.

Patent was always a classic so no, I do not think 2 pairs of patent shoes is too much. I remember when the bruges were really popular 2 years ago. Many celebrities would be sporting them such as Nicole Richie, Paris & Nicky Hilton, Jessica Simpson, Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, and the list goes on. The decollete 868 is a classic pump. You can never go wrong with it and you can wear absolutely anything and everything with it. Bruges are more comfortable but I do not think it is a good idea to wear in the rain. Cork platforms are not my style so I vote for the decolletes.

hopefully no one will be throwing eggs my way I dont mean to offend anyone but the bruges for me were the ugliest CLs ever made, even more than the fish shoe. Possibly because cork/wood platforms are in my opinion for furniture not shoes and wouldnt pay even $5 for them.

Decolletes are timeless ... I have two pairs camel and black eel that I am sure I will be wearing for many years to come...