City vs Work

addictedtopurses

Stars Hollow
O.G.
Feb 13, 2006
I've been thinking about getting either a city or work this fall, but I was wondering if there is any difference in the size of the handles. In other words, would the work fit over the shoulder more comfortably than the city or are the handles the same size? I really like being able to carry a bag over the shoulder.

the handles are the same length... but it seems the work fits over my shoulder more comfortably because the work is bigger.... it doesn't feel like all the stuff inside is sitting right under the armpits. :blink:

Initially the handles for work will be tight if you try to fit over the shoulder. But if you use it for a while, they will stretch eventually. I have done a silly thing, that is to hang my work on the door handle over night to make it stretch faster.LOL

Now you have another choice! The Part Time bag comes out this fall, which is sort of between the Work and the City. It is a Work bag with less height, so it has the 18" width but it is only 9" high. And it comes with the shoulder strap.

ETenebris said:
Now you have another choice! The Part Time bag comes out this fall, which is sort of between the Work and the City. It is a Work bag with less height, so it has the 18" width but it is only 9" high. And it comes with the shoulder strap.

definitely a contender! decisions, decisions?!

esile said:
the handles are the same length... but it seems the work fits over my shoulder more comfortably because the work is bigger.... it doesn't feel like all the stuff inside is sitting right under the armpits. :blink:

Exactly!! But I can fit them both quite comfortable over my shoulder
And I also agree with Chloe_concord. The more you use it, the more the handles will strech

I'll be purchasing a new Balenciaga or two:graucho: next week thanks to my bonus.:yahoo: :yahoo:

I know I want french blue and anthracite but I can't decide on the city or the work size. I know I want a day for the 2nd bag. lol I'm 5'4" and I'm wondering if the work size is too big for me.

post pics of your work and city bags to help me decide, please:yes:

I want a Work SO bad, too! I am 5'4 also and I went to NM yesterday and the Work doesn't look too big at all. I guess it depends on how much you carry. I like big bags so I really want a Work. I have a City and I love it too but if I wanted to carry more in my bag I would need a Work. Congrats on getting 2 Bbags! Make sure and post pics when you get them!

*Jem*, I, too, am 5'4" and have both a City and Work. The Work doesn't look too big on me at all. Now, I'm not a US size 4 or anything like that, but I'm not a size 14, either. Will try to take a photo wearing her when I get home from work tonight so that you can get a better idea of how she drapes our 5'4" bodies...

Congrats on the bonus Jem. It is a tough call on the City vs Work. I have the City & love it. I LOVE the work with the GH, but not the price tag. Keep us posted on whatever you decide.