city vs. part-time

City vs. Part-Time

• City

• Part-Time

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think of a Part Time as being *less* structured than the City ... because of how it collapses so much in the middle because of it's width (combined with smooshy leather). Because of this, I actually think the City looks more elegant when being carried by the shoulder strap. I guess it depends upon how you like to carry it. I agree that the PT might look more structured than the City if you are carrying it by the handles. I just hardly ever do that, so that's probably why it struck me as odd to think of it as more structured...

i agree with fiatflux. if you like twiggy, part time maybe little too big. i bought part time GH White ended up exchange with city GH because i am petite..

Yes, as much as I love the look of the PT (Nanaz - your bag is gorgeous!), I'm afraid it might be too large for me. But then I'm worried the city handles might not fit over my shoulder.

I've tried on the PT and it did feel a little too long/wide for me, but my local NM didn't have a city w/GH to try on.

Oh decisions, decisions....

Thank you all for your input. Keep your thoughts coming...

Hi all,

I am thinking about getting either a part time or a city in black. I only have day bags and a blue besace right now (and some wallets and a make up case) and I want another bag. The dimensions look the same and the bags look identical to me. What is the difference? How do you like/dislike either and for what reasons?

Share your experiences, I want to understand what the pros and cons of each are.

Thanks!

Lg

Here's the price and dimensions for BBags in regular hardware.

First $995.00 (13"x2"x6")
City $1195.00 (15"x3.5"x10")
Twiggy $1095.00 (14"x6.5"x7")
Day $995.00 (16"x5"x13")
Work $1385.00 (18"x5"x13")
Weekender $1495.00 (21"x9"x15")
Box $995.00 (11"x5.5"x7")
Shopping $1195.00 (15"x6.5"x12")
Courier $1175.00 (22"x8"x15")
Extra Courier $1250.00 (24"x9"x17")
Part-Time $1295.00 (16"x6"x9")
Afternoon $1245.00 (17"x6"x13")
Mid-Afternoon $1195.00 (14"x5"x11")
Bowling $1185.00 (12"x3"x13")
Mini Bowling $1075.00 (12"x2.5"x11")

I try different styles, but don't own a PartTime because I don't have that much stuff to carry around. If you can, go to your local NM or Balenciaga store, the SAs there can better inform you. Good luck!

Thanks Grande Latte! It seems from the dimensions that the part time is more of a briefcase than a purse. I have never seen one in person. Does anyone here own one and love it?

Here's the price and dimensions for BBags in regular hardware.

First $995.00 (13"x2"x6")
City $1195.00 (15"x3.5"x10")
Twiggy $1095.00 (14"x6.5"x7")
Day $995.00 (16"x5"x13")
Work $1385.00 (18"x5"x13")
Weekender $1495.00 (21"x9"x15")
Box $995.00 (11"x5.5"x7")
Shopping $1195.00 (15"x6.5"x12")
Courier $1175.00 (22"x8"x15")
Extra Courier $1250.00 (24"x9"x17")
Part-Time $1295.00 (16"x6"x9")
Afternoon $1245.00 (17"x6"x13")
Mid-Afternoon $1195.00 (14"x5"x11")
Bowling $1185.00 (12"x3"x13")
Mini Bowling $1075.00 (12"x2.5"x11")

I try different styles, but don't own a PartTime because I don't have that much stuff to carry around. If you can, go to your local NM or Balenciaga store, the SAs there can better inform you. Good luck!

I own two PT with GH and I love them...but I personally love big bags..so....PT is basically length of city combined with width of work. I do not own a PT with RH, but GH they look great and carry great!

Here's a pic of the PT next to a city. ;)

I wasn't sure if I was going to like all of that extra room at first - but it is definately growing on me!! It's nice to have a variation.

Attachments

• Sandstone&Marine hook.jpg
    Sandstone&Marine hook.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 2,299
I wouldn't describe the parttime as more of a briefcase, but it is on the large side as purses go. If you carry more than the average person in your bag, the Parttime is an excellent style. I love the longer strap and the longer handles. I just don't carry enough styuff with me to justify getting one right now.

Thanks all! I am looking for a way to carry some of my work stuff around without having to carry both a work bag and a purse, so I am thinking that the part time would be perfect for that. I walk around nyc alot to get to my clients and it would be great to just have one bag instead of a bag and a purse.

Could I fit a small laptop in there?

What do you all think?

^I have a PT, and probably not. I mean, it would morph the bag into a funny shape I would imagine. It would probably fit into a Work, but remember these bags are not very structured so a heavy laptop will just stretch out the bag. Cant you buy a sturdy tote for work instead?
Differences between PT and City: The PT is basically just longer than the City, plus it is deeper, as in instead of the bag being flat against you when you carry it on shoulder, it is more of a 'box' shape.

Thanks for the advice! I figured that I should stick with my besace for my laptop. (fits perfectly and doesn't stretch the bag at all). Given that I will probably still have to carry two bags, I will probably go with a city.

You ladies are SO helpful!!!!!! I don't know what I would do without this forum.

Hello all,

I am about to buy a city or a part time, and I have heard mixed reviews on the shoulder straps. Can you wonderful women give me some insight as to how the straps hang?

Does the strap stay on your shoulder?
How does the bag hang with the strap?
Can you use the strap with a heavy coat?
Will the strap stay without you holding it, or do you have to anchorit with your hand?

I am definitely a shoulder strap girl and trying out an empty city in Barneys is not doing for me. :supacool:

Thanks in advance!

the strap slips off my shouder all the time. i rarely use the strap because of that reason. when i need both my hands for any reasons, i just wear the strap across my body. hope that helps you. good luck!