City v. Velo

I have both. Velo has a squarish shape compared to the City. It's most useful when I have to carry my kid and I can just sling the bag in my shoulder. City, on the other hand, has this slouchy look when worn by the shoulder. Both are roomy and can hold almost equal amount.

I've been mostly a City carrier, and just got my first Velo. I'm happy with it because it's strap is much longer than the City strap, so agree with above, great for crossbody or long shoulder. Looks nice just held as satchel, too, but much more square. I still think overall, I prefer City, but need to carry Velo more to be sure. City seems dressier.

I tried on the Velo. I'm sure it's adjustable, but as a short person, worn with the strap full-length - it hit too close to my bum-bum. I knew it would bother me, so I went with the City.

However, I hate wearing the City on my shoulder - I can wear the longer strap on my shoulder, but the handles on my shoulder mean the mouth of the bag is too close to my underarm for my liking. However, I was very used to wearing bags in the crook of my arm (broken wing syndrome, as my Dad likes to say... :P) or handheld. So, the City worn either way doesn't bother me.

I think it depends what you need - if you need something completely hands-free (though the I guess the City can technically be too...) go with the Velo. But I still think the City is such a classic shape, that for my first, I'd go with that :yes:.

At first I head to Velo for my choice agains City. But after browsing in the comments I found that City suited to me because I'm 5.3 the long strap may disturb me to the knee. If you are not petite, I think Velo can offer the ready to go look with messenger hanging. On the contrary, If you like to handheld or short strap on the shoulder, go for the City. Hope this help you.

I thought the velo would be perfect for me after seeing pics but when I tried it on it felt too .. I dunno, messy or casual or something. Not fun slouchy like a bal but just plain floppy and square and it felt like a messenger bag from anywhere, didn't give me that BAL feeling. I'm tall too and it still felt long.

Some ladies love it though and I think the velo is a tricky one without seeing it. But the hands free thing is so awesome I might try on more (I only tried one color rh) and see if I get any stirrings. I WANT TO LOVE YOU VELO

the velo is bigger, which means i can fit everything into it. its a little to square for my liking, tho. but im not able to carry the city on the shoulder comfortably. i actually prefer the pt

I have a Moutard Velo. I am only 5'4 and I don't mind the length. BUT, I wear alot of jeans, so there is some denim transfer on the back of my Velo. I am a bit sad that I can't get rid of it now T_T
Anyway, just want to warn you about that. If you have a darker coloured Velo that may not be a problem!

I love both, though my collection are mostly City & only 1 Velo, I love the Velo too & it's very comfortable on the shoulder, more roomy inside, the square look doesn't really bother me as well as the long strap. I usually wear it by the short handles, but it's nice to have the long strap for crossbody option when I needed it. It still looks chic & classic. I'm considering of getting another Velo in DV for my next bag, depending on the type of leather that will be available.

I Tried on velo for the first time last week and was amazed by how practical it was crossbody...would love to add a velo to my bal collection...the square shape looks nice imo....i need to venture out and try some new bal styles..i seem to only have rh cities..xx

I had a velo and I ended up selling it. I loved the longer strap so I could wear it crossbody but it was just too big for my needs the city works a lot better. I have a tendency to carry more junk around when I have a bigger bag than I normally do and then I wonder why is my bag so heavy lol. I also didn't like the shape of the velo as much as the city once broken in it's still pretty squarish and maybe the color I had it in(anthra) made it seem a bit more masculine than I like.