City Shoulder Strap

Cafebaby

I Love Louis
Jul 28, 2009
Has anyone figured out how to get the leather piece on the shoulder strap off without cutting it off? It is too wide and makes the strap feel like it's falling off my shoulder. If I push it down, out of the way, the bag feels so much more comfortable. I want to cut it off, but I'm a little hesitant to do that before I got feedback from other owners.

Yes, I think I remember someone once mentioning they'd been able to pull theirs off. I would just slide it down. That's what I do because I also find the thinner strap stays on my shoulder better. I would hesitate to remove it completely incase in doing so you stretched out the leather on the shoulder thingy (which may affect resale value if you ever wanted to sell it).

I would be too terrified to cut it off! I find it really helps me out. But I would agree with everyone in saying you should try just sliding it all the way down so that its not bothersome.

I think once it softens up, it should sit a lot better on your shoulders. I find that I don't have an issue with the weight-distributor pad on my older bags but, on the newer ones, they feel stiff and cause the bag to slide off my shoulders.

Please don't cut the pad off! It might affect the resale of your bag.

I usually take the weight distributor off the strap on all my Firsts. When it's new it's a little stiff but all it takes is a little wiggling and it should come off pretty easily. Try one side at a time rather than trying to pull it all at once.

When I bought a used city bag, it came with the shoulder pad separate from the shoulder strap. I was able to put the shoulder pad back on the strap, just had to wiggle and pull

Oh no, don't cut it off. You will ruin any chance for a good price if you ever decide to sell. There are places you can buy straps. Ebay is one place. They are not balenciaga straps but they are longer. I use one for one of my city bags whenever I need to use it messenger style.