City is nice but what similar Bal might be better for me?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I love my City for the leather, shape and size. I think I'd love it even more if it had a larger outside pocket and the handles fit on shoulder. Larger inside pocket would be nice too.
Is there a Bal bag in EW shape that would fit my wish list?
thanks

Reactions: Monz1987
Work fits over the shoulder, but it's not being made, only secondary market is the option, but it's the same shape as the City, just a tad roomier

I love my City for the leather, shape and size. I think I'd love it even more if it had a larger outside pocket and the handles fit on shoulder. Larger inside pocket would be nice too.
Is there a Bal bag in EW shape that would fit my wish list?
thanks
I totally hear you on the handles; I've NEVER been able to put it on my shoulder! A couple of things ..
  1. The Shoulder Strap is also a pain (in most cases); consider taking off the strap weight distributor because then the strap lays flat on the shoulder and therefore, doesn't fall off as easily (the early Flat Brass Firsts didn't have the weight distributor and I've never had a problem with them falling off)!
  2. Consider purchasing a cross-body strap (they do appear now and then on Fashionphile or other resale sites)
I find I don't use the outside pocket (other than the store the mirror) .. and oftentimes, don't use the inside pocket .. but that's just me. Good luck friend (still responding to your email :blush: )!

I totally hear you on the handles; I've NEVER been able to put it on my shoulder! A couple of things ..
  1. The Shoulder Strap is also a pain (in most cases); consider taking off the strap weight distributor because then the strap lays flat on the shoulder and therefore, doesn't fall off as easily (the early Flat Brass Firsts didn't have the weight distributor and I've never had a problem with them falling off)!
  2. Consider purchasing a cross-body strap (they do appear now and then on Fashionphile or other resale sites)
I find I don't use the outside pocket (other than the store the mirror) .. and oftentimes, don't use the inside pocket .. but that's just me. Good luck friend (still responding to your email :blush: )!
yes the outside pocket is pretty useless....I prefer to carry the bag by the handles but when I've had to use the strap to be hands-free it wasn't bad....I pushed the weight distributor back (as advised here). the bag felt surprisingly light. Looks-wise I think the bag is much nicer hand carried though.

The twiggy holds lesser than the city in my opinion. The outside pocket could be a tad longer east west but shallower north south. You might be able to shoulder carry by the handle if you're really thin or petite.
City is probably best for me......can't fit cell phone in outside pocket but can put a few small things in there....I like the size - not too large, not too small