City Hardware Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2012
I've been here a lot the last few days, sorry !
I am trying to source a pre-loved City and am still in the process of deciding which hardware I like, I know I like the 'regular' sized hardware, but as a newbie am still confused on hardware COLOURS....I know I don't want silver, or rose gold, just more of a black/brassy tone that's understated . . . does anyone know what I mean, and can you enlighten me on colours of hardware ?
Thanks !

That's what's referred to as Regular Hardware here (rh). Every city bag comes in rh unless it's a limited/special edition bag.

I think it's the pics.
But, depending on how you carry it, rh can have some rubbing, and may start look a little golden.

I wouldn't buy from this seller though. 14 negatives in the last year for items not as described, and someone questioning authenticity.

All regular hardware is the same size and color, although different lighting may affect its appearance. Giant hardware (GH 12) looks like a small thimble and comes in gold, silver, and rose gold. At one time, there was GH 21, an even larger thimble type hardware.

You may see it abbreviated like this: RGGH (Rose gold giant hardware) or GSW (giant silver hardware) or GGH (giant gold hardware). Or just RH (regular hardware).

With use, regular/brass hardware becomes polished around the edges and starts looking like it has a golden rim. There was a thread here that described how to polish brass hardware to make it look completely and evenly golden.

All regular hardware is the same size and color, although different lighting may affect its appearance. Giant hardware (GH 12) looks like a small thimble and comes in gold, silver, and rose gold. At one time, there was GH 21, an even larger thimble type hardware.

You may see it abbreviated like this: RGGH (Rose gold giant hardware) or GSW (giant silver hardware) or GGH (giant gold hardware). Or just RH (regular hardware).

Thanks ! Most helpful. I know what I like . . .now to find it at the right price. Oh I do like a challenge !
x

Status
Not open for further replies.