City double zip wallet black

D

Deleted 730019

Went right back for a return...wasn't even sure it was real leather...had a pleather feel...awful awful awful. Disappointed. I better stick to florentine lines

Purpleflower: sorry your new wallet didn't work out. I bought a medium sized foldover wallet
from the City collection a while back. The leather seemed fine... not as soft as the handbags,
but ok. Since you love Florentine leather, then that's probably a
good choice for your next wallet.

Is City Leather the same as Smooth? I have the McKenzie Hobo in the smooth. But like Purpleflower, I reach for my Florentine 99% of the time. Agree with Lavenderj, look at the Florentine wallets offered. I have gifted my sister the rainbow of the Continental clutch wallets, , she loves them. I love the square small credit card one the best, sometimes they pop up on eBay.

Is it even leather? Just seemed like pleather to me....awful awful. I have been spoiled by florentine. I purchased two at great prices on ILD. Returned them both immediately. Just seemed very cheap feeling and not well made at all.

Is it even leather? Just seemed like pleather to me....awful awful. I have been spoiled by florentine. I purchased two at great prices on ILD. Returned them both immediately. Just seemed very cheap feeling and not well made at all.
I have several ") handbags in City Leather and love them. The leather
is smooth and luxe and does soften over time.
I recently purchased a City wallet that I have wanted for a long time.
Because of the structure, it didn't feel as soft as the handbags.
But it still felt like leather to me. I'm sure that since the wallet gets
handled so much (or would if I went anywhere these days),
the leather will soften over time.
I've had a few Florentine wallets that didn't feel that great when I got them.
But with a little use, the leather looked and felt so much better.
I think that since wallets are very structured, stitched, and stacked with layers
of pockets, etc, that they tend to keep the leather stiffer at first.
Just an opinion.
Functionally, my favorite Dooney wallet is the pebble leather
Continental clutch. But, these days I reach for a smaller wallet
more often. I prefer the snap closure to the zip around. But I've gotten
a few Flo small zip around wallets because of their size. The bigger Flo
wallets are just too heavy to carry. But I love looking at them. :smile:

Good point. The leather was very smooth and felt super thin on the city wallet...perhaps I like the feel of the heavier leather. Have to get my money's worth LOL.

I felt the same way with the Ocean McKenzie Hobo when I opened it. I thought ls this really leather...hmm..shiny and didn't have a leather smell. It's good to try new types, but because we seem to like the heavier leather and that sensory experience, if you won't reach for it then you don't get your money's worth no. I have to say, I do now enjoy that hobo in the summertime. Will I get more of City? Probably not.

Yes I am not a city fan at all but thought that double zip wallet would be very useful for organizing. The leather was such a let down. I was just so repulsed due to being spoiled by florentine.

I was visiting my Mom yesterday and had my florentine red medium satchel with me...she enjoyed the leather smell so much...she asked me how I did that....I told her that's just the smell of the leather :smile:

Yes I am not a city fan at all but thought that double zip wallet would be very useful for organizing. The leather was such a let down. I was just so repulsed due to being spoiled by florentine.

I was visiting my Mom yesterday and had my florentine red medium satchel with me...she enjoyed the leather smell so much...she asked me how I did that....I told her that's just the smell of the leather :smile:

Medium red I'm drooling here lol Glad you enjoyed your visit! I'm sorry it didn't work out with the wallet. But now you know So that's good at least... We are Florentine fanatics :smile:

In dooneyland it is kind of Christmas year round with the red lining and green suede Lol

You have such a great collection of colors! Fern, I haven't seen yet in person. Sage I had wanted, will Look at Fern!