City bag flops on my shoulder! help!

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
well, i scored the NM LE city bag and love the look of it! However, I can't do hand-held bags so I need to wear it on my shoulders. When I use the shoulder strap, the bag sort of flops over and looks kind of sloppy and hence, bothers me. Is this how Balenciaga bags look on the shoulder or is it happening because of the material (suede)? If anyone has pics of their city bags worn on the shoulder, I'd love to see them! Also, I don't always zip it up because I'm in a hurry. I know if it's zipped, it looks better. i so want to keep this so someone please give me some good advice on how to make it look good on the shoulder! Thank you!

Congrats on getting the NM Limited Edition Anniversary bag! I'm a big fan of City bags, but only occasionally wear them on my shoulder as I usually wear them in hand or on the elbow. Don't have any bags in suede, but you are correct that they definitely hang differently on your shoulder due to the detachable strap. It depends on how much you are carrying and also the zippers play a huge role. Personally, I don't mind if the bag slouches. Hmmm...the Day bag is a good choice, since the strap is attached, but the bag you have will be hard to find again...not sure if this helps! Good luck!

Thanks! I think I'm still happy with her!

Congrats on getting the NM Limited Edition Anniversary bag! I'm a big fan of City bags, but only occasionally wear them on my shoulder as I usually wear them in hand or on the elbow. Don't have any bags in suede, but you are correct that they definitely hang differently on your shoulder due to the detachable strap. It depends on how much you are carrying and also the zippers play a huge role. Personally, I don't mind if the bag slouches. Hmmm...the Day bag is a good choice, since the strap is attached, but the bag you have will be hard to find again...not sure if this helps! Good luck!

I found this pic of my city worn on my shoulder. I always have it zipped though. I find it does slouch but I don't mind that. :smile:

2q9kuc8.jpg