Trend? .. phasing out the City Style?

captured this today
and this is not even a big boutique, but a corner in the Harvey Nics
View attachment 4852565View attachment 4852566
Ooooooh - that Pink "Croc"-like bag is CUTE!!

in regards to the discontinuation of the CITY style, nope .. not buying the rumor. This rumor has been going around for (at least) 3+ years. The CITY is considered a "classic" handbag now, and Balenciaga still has sales on it .. so I don't see it going away!!

Ooooooh - that Pink "Croc"-like bag is CUTE!!

in regards to the discontinuation of the CITY style, nope .. not buying the rumor. This rumor has been going around for (at least) 3+ years. The CITY is considered a "classic" handbag now, and Balenciaga still has sales on it .. so I don't see it going away!!
precisely!

I love the green croc one. I don’t think that have discontinued the city but instead have really limited production no more s/s or f/w color swatches to pick and choose from just 1 maybe 2 seasonal colors and no options for hardware or sizes/styles. And have shifted their focus on to their new styles instead.

Reactions: RT1 and Lakotan
Hello lovelies! I've always been a Balenciaga fan and snagged a G21 brand new before it was completely gone from the market for brand new like 8 years ago. Ive been wanting to get another city but they keep churning out with new ones and I always get distracted. I am now deciding between a black mini city with gold hardware and a S City (dark color), I am torn as I really like the mini but afraid I won't be able to fit much. Then again, S City feels too close to the classic city...anyone here can share their opinion with me? Looking to buy brand new from the boutique.

Also, it seems really difficult to find black with gold hardware pairing in the normal hardware..or maybe I'm wrong or don't know where to search?

Any reply would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello lovelies! I've always been a Balenciaga fan and snagged a G21 brand new before it was completely gone from the market for brand new like 8 years ago. Ive been wanting to get another city but they keep churning out with new ones and I always get distracted. I am now deciding between a black mini city with gold hardware and a S City (dark color), I am torn as I really like the mini but afraid I won't be able to fit much. Then again, S City feels too close to the classic city...anyone here can share their opinion with me? Looking to buy brand new from the boutique.

Also, it seems really difficult to find black with gold hardware pairing in the normal hardware..or maybe I'm wrong or don't know where to search?

I don't have any of the Mini-Cities, but I can tell you that I felt it was soooooooo small, that you would barely be able to fit much into it. I have the City S, and honestly .. I love it (I'm a big-time City 'regular' collector). The City S has just the right amount of room to still fit quite a bit into it, and it really is considerably small than the 'regular' City IMO.

Hmmmm .. as far as getting the 'regular' Gold HW, I know that Balenciaga had been doing Silver for some time, but every once in a while, you will see the 'regular' Gold HW .. so good luck!!!

Reactions: Kimbashop

it depends on your frame and your needs, if you are 180 cm tall and have some curves, then, mini, probably, will look a bit too small on you, or, if you are 150 cm and very slim, then, a regular City might feel a little too big for you.
i am 164 cm and i wear US size 8-10, i have 1 mini, 1 S and 3 regular Cities, i have use for all of them depending on the purpose.
Mini is enough if i do a quick errand and need a small wallet+keys+phones and a sanitizer.
S is good for anything, but it won't fit the docs, or full size planner, if you think of using it for work.
Regular is roomy, but not too big, i easily used it for work, or family outings, e.g. going to the mall with the kids (extra tissues, a bottle of water, light cardi, etc)

• Love
Reactions: RT1