Citizens of Humanity Coated Rocket Jeans - question about quality

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I just bought these jeans

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/322905

But I'm not sure about the quality. They fit really well and are so comfortable. I've been looking for a pair of waxed/ coated leather-look jeans for years but they never seem to fit right, and I've tried many brands. These feel great on but I'm not sure about the coated finish, it doesn't seem great quality. Where the material stretches across the thighs, the coating pulls and looks as if it's cracking. Also, there are some areas where the coating seems to have come off. I saw these jeans in person in Selfridges and there seems to be a real quality issue with them or with how they're stored because if they're packed with tissue paper and the tissue is removed it seems to lift off the coating. I saw it happen when the SA removed the tissue paper. I saw several pairs that had big chunks of the coating that had peeled off. Now the pair I have is near perfect but it still has the cracked appearance on the thighs when worn. Has anyone else experienced this problem with these jeans? I can't seem to see any reviews online yet. Not sure if I should keep them as they're so comfy and they're the best fitting coated jeans I've come across but the quality doesn't seem too good. It's almost as if the material is too stretchy for the coating.

Hmm... I'm not into waxed jeans, but I have a couple pairs of COH jeans and they've always been superb.

I would imagine that the waxed surface will eventually come off anyhow and you'd lose that plastic/coated feel.

Thanks ladies. I've seen the J Brand ones and the coated finish looks better quality but I didn't find them comfortable. The finish on these are strange. They have a cracked appearance on the thighs. Not sure if they're worth the money. I think I may return them.

I just bought these jeans last week and don't have any issues with the coating as yet. I have the J Brand Agnes coated jeans which have held up very well as regards coating, but unfortunately they stretched SO much!