CitiKitty: toilet training your cat (lol)

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
http://www.citikitty.com/index.htm

Anyone done this??!?

homepage_polaroid.gif

Nope, not a hoax! I have too many kitties to try this, but I do know few people whose kitty go to the toilet. If you follow the instructions, it kinda make sense that they can learn.

^^ That's why I thought it was a hoax. I mean, I can understand it working at the beginning when you have liter, but once that's finished...wouldn't the cat just not use it anymore?

Wow. :wtf:

This reminds me of Meet the Parents, where De Niro's character trained his cat to use the toilet. Always thought it was one of Ben Stiller's crazy imaginings...

Let us know if you do train your kitty to use the toilet, IntlSet!

This reminds me of Meet the Parents, where De Niro's character trained his cat to use the toilet. Always thought it was one of Ben Stiller's crazy imaginings...

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Maybe hoax isn't the right word, but I just don't think it would work. I did a quick google search and found one positive review (I'm assuming it's a PR one written by the company itself) and a lot of stories about cats leaving waste around the toilet, in the bathroom sink, in the bathtub, etc. It seems that cats will use it to urinate, but not for bowel movements. It makes sense to me because all the cats I've ever had like to scratch and put sand over their business when they're done, so they would be reluctant to use this.

Interesting thing I learned from this research....apparently one of the forefathers of the "training a cat to go to the bathroom in the toilet" movement was Charles Mingus. Yes, the jazz musician.

I'm going for it as soon as i can. I have to do it in the basement bathroom, which gets the least traffic. I'll be reporting on it if the Murves pics up on it. My 2 friends that have cats their kitties do it in the toilet, so definitely not a hoax!