Travel Cities & Countries that you'd revisit again and again and again and again and...

VPT

i ♥ blood oranges
May 16, 2008
Doing justice to the rest of us who sometimes disagree with Which countries have you been to & would never go back to? , which countries and/or cities do you love so much that given the time and chance, you'd want to revisit over and over again?

My list in order of preference, the following are places I have actually revisited! :

Japan - anywhere
Thailand - Pattaya, Krabi (I love the sea, offshore islands, spas and the outdoors in general)
Malaysia - Taman Negara (It's not a city but a huge nature reserve of lush rainforest with the longest treetop canopy walk in the world!)
Scotland - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Paisley (nice gingerbread), Orkney Islands
Italy - Milan, Torino, Venice, and perhaps Rome
Switzerland - Lugano

Thank you, VPT, this thread will be much more fun! :smile:

I spend about two months a year in Italy for both work and pleasure, so that's at the top of my list. I'm especially partial to Florence.

London is my favorite city and I used to make a couple trips there a year but these days, with the pound worth about twice the dollar, I visit less often. Last year, I made my annual UK trip but went to Ireland instead and really enjoyed it.

I've been to Paris around a dozen times and always love it there. I now try to combine my Parisian visits with another city - last year was Reims, next year will be St. Malo.

I love Italy, especially Milan, and usually go at least once a year. It's such a fashionable city with excellent shopping.
And I love the US, especially NYC which must be the greatest city on Earth! I could spend weeks going to museums and galleries, shopping, sitting in Central Park etc.

Paris!!!!! (hands down, my favorite city)
Italy - all over....Tuscany, the Italian Riviera and Southern Italy.
Granada and Barcelona, Spain
NYC
San Francisco (hometown)
Cambodia - Angkor Wat is amazing, people are very friendly
The Philippines - awesome beaches
Bali, Indonesia

England - namely Manchester and Liverpool... but that's where I'm from (from Cheshire, about halfway between the two cities)
Jamaica - I absolutely love this island, and getting married there makes it even more special to me
Spain - So. Much. Fun.

Tokyo and Kyoto (Japan) - I didn't spend enough time in EITHER city. Would love to go again, someday.

Beijing (China) - absolutely loved it there, even more so than Shanghai, which I thought was overrated. 5 days wasn't enough in Beijing!

Hangzhou(?) (China) - Beautiful!!! And very peaceful...

Chicago - Lovely city.

Austria is soooo beautiful, I went up in the mountains near Salzburg and I just found it so pretty and everything about it was great.

Costa Del Sol, Spain, I loved it there, nice people, shops beaches, it has the best of everything. I loved the shops and food in Malaga, the designer shops, views and bars in Marbella, I also loved Nerja where the scenery is sooooo amazing.

Gibraltar although you can probably class this as Spain, it is British and sooo beautiful, I suppose once you go around it once then you have seen it , but the views of Morocco and spain are amazing and the monkeys are too.

Greece is once of my fave places, I love everything about it, such great people. I love Crete especially because it has a great atmosphere.