Cites Certificate - free or payable?

No on the declaration forms they only ask if you're bringing over $10,000 in cash and any gifts over a certain value. In the US they might make you pay taxes on items you buy tax-free from the departure airport, but only if they see you carrying it (e.g. A Chanel shopping bag). You can talk them out of it though.

thx for the reply! :smile: so i can just put it inside my luggage and bring the copy cites with me right?

thx for the reply! :smile: so i can just put it inside my luggage and bring the copy cites with me right?

Yeah, Customs never bothered me whenever I visit Canada. Better keep valuable bracelets in your carry on :smile:

I bought a croc bracelet from Europe and got VAT refund back on it, and I wasn't asked to show a CITES even though I was leaving the EU.

Last edited:
Yeah, Customs never bothered me whenever I visit Canada. Better keep valuable bracelets in your carry on :smile:

I bought a croc bracelet from Europe and got VAT refund back on it, and I wasn't asked to show a CITES even though I was leaving the EU.

Thanks so much for your information ! :tup: and yes i better keep it in my carry on:P