Cites Certificate - free or payable?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,

I am hoping to get some feedback from those who have bought exotics from the H store - did you have to pay for the CITES certificate?

As previously, I was always under the impression that it would be included with the sale item.

However, I had to pay for the CITES certificate when I got my bag from Paris (so I thought maybe its payable in Paris store??)

Then today I was told that it should be free/included in the sale so this matter got me curious.

So which is right?

TIA for your input! :biggrin:

2. Free.

3. free!
    but you said paris may i ask if what exotic and what year stamp?

4. lilach, it was ostrich & its a L stamped.
    so is it norm for paris to charge for CITES cert? :biggrin:

thanks mrs S for your input.

5. I thought Ostrich doesnt require Cite cert anymore. My L stamp Ostrich Birkin didn't come with a cite.

6. If you're a local buying from your local shop, a CITE won't be issued. Only to tourists/foreigners/local customers who have had a known history at the store, of frequent travelling around the world.

7. Thanks mrssparkles! always so full of knowledge!

8. The ostrich bag I purchased right before Christmas came with a Certificate of Origin (different from the CITES I have with my croc and lizard pieces).

9. This is what it should look like. I was told that I needed it for travel (don't know how accurate that info is though)

ostrichbirkin29.jpg
  10. ^My older version of ostrich did come with the same cite but recently was told they dont need it anymore (like the recent years)

11. I tried searching on the CITES website and I felt like I was reading a different language altogether!

I asked for a CITES last year, and got one. I don't have any information if it's no longer needed for ostrich. Poor birds, not important anymore? :P

12. I purchased an ostrich wallet from H in 2007 that came with no Certificate of Origin. The bag I got before Christmas from H did. It just makes no sense to me! lol!

13. ^^^

Is that just for bringing these items into the US?

14. ^^^^

I guess it would not matter - if you take it out of the US with you, you would be bringing it back in when you returned :smile: