Church Street Apothecary Closing (San Francisco) ~ 30% Off Marked Prices In-Store

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear friends of doe and CSA,

We are sad to report that our Noe Valley sister-store, Church Street Apothecary, has come under attack by the California Pharmacy Board. According to an archaic state law, only licensed pharmacies may use the word "apothecary" in the name of their business.

Despite numerous similar stores in California (and across the U.S.!) operating with the word "apothecary" in their name, they've chosen us as a target.

We are unequipped with the necessary resources to fight a state agency; and the costs associated with re-branding our store and website are forcing us to shut down.

If you are interested in keeping the Church Street Apothecary tradition alive (using a different name, of course!), and would like to make an offer on the store, please e-mail us at: info@doe-sf.com. It would be great to see a local, particularly someone from the neighborhood, take over the shop. If we can't find a buyer, we'll close our doors forever.

We've taken our e-commerce site offline in order to avoid further fines from the Pharmacy Board. However, our brick-and-mortar will remain open until we liquidate our inventory. If you're local, please stop by the shop and take 30% off the marked prices of all items (except for magazines and flowers). There are still tons of great products - Dr. Hauschka, Ren, T. Leclerc, Malin and Goetz, Duchess Marden, Propoline, organic products for babies and moms - and so much more!!! Please also note that we won't be placing any re-orders, so be sure to stock up now!

We're located at 1767 Church Street between 30th and Day in Upper Noe. We're open from 11-7 Monday through Saturday and 11-5 on Sundays.

Thank you so much, San Francisco, for 4 amazing years! Sincerely,
    Kati Kim
    and Employees of (the store formerly known as!)Church Street Apothecary

2. That's so sad. I might stop by there if I have a chance. Thanks for posting.

3. Hey, that store belongs to Kati Kim, who was stranded in Oregon with their two girls and her husband James. James went for help and was found dead a few days later, so sad.

4. Yes, I've known her for many years.

Her other boutique, Doe, will still be open. She has such amazing stuff in there! All you SF ladies, Doe is a really great boutique especially for giftgiving. And they have cool stuff for kids and guys too.

5. i'll prob stop by as i need some products.... thats too bad for her

6. That's so sad!