chronically frizzy hair

Alternate your shampoo and conditioner everyday. That'll get rid of any residue or build-up. Also make sure you let your conditioner sit in your hair for like 5-10 minutes while you shower. Also, try to rinse the conditioner from your hair with cold water.

I use a hair mask twice a week. I'm currently using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Recovery Mask. It's super moisturizing.

I use Pantene Pro-V Leave-In Treatment and comb it into my hair after I towel dry it. (Also, when you towel dry your hair, don't rub your hair. I just squeeze the excess water from the hair. Your hair strands are most declicate when wet, so don't vigoriously rub them hard.)

Then I use some Aussie Anti-Frizz hair gel to keep the curls intact.

Those products and steps work for me everytime. There are pics of me in my handbag album. :P

I have curly hair that's prone to frizz. I've been told by several different stylists not to shampoo every day because it can be too harsh for the hair.

Also, try using very moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. Like lunatwinkle mentioned, a mask is also a good thing.

The thing that works absolutely the best for my frizz is Philip B Lovin' Leave-in conditioner: http://www.philipb.com/lovin-leavein-hair-conditioning-creme-p-1878.html
I don't get to use it a lot because it's expensive for me, but if frizz is not an option on a particular day, it works every time.

I have chronically frizzy hair and have tried pretty much all things. FrizzEase by John Freida was nice, but it made my hair clump together. Aveda was nice and light, but it still gave me a layer of frizz above all the curls. I finally decided to splurge on Kerastase. I finally found my miracle product. It keeps my hair shiny, curled together, not big, not frizzy at all, not knotty, not sticky, not gummy feeling. It's the Crème Oléo-Curl.

http://www.kerastase-usa.com/_en/_us/oleo_curl-creme_oleo_curl.htm

So, for using that, I actually use the shampoo first, Bain Oléo-Curl, and then after the shower, I put on the Crème. Don't wash your hair every day. Wash every other day, or every 3 days. Many stylists have said don't wash your hair, only condition. I use shampoo every once in a while, but I usually condition. Also, when you get out of the shower, don't use a towel to dry your hair, because it makes it frizzy. If you use your towel, don't be rough with it, just gently pat your hair, just to get the majority of the water out. But instead, as well as after, use a paper towel to squeeze water out. The paper towel can dry and then be used again later. If you don't have very tangled or knotty hair, work through your hair with your fingers, or use a wide-toothed comb. Always use a comb, never a brush, because brushing your hair wet rips hair particles, and it also gives split ends. If you have to use a brush, use it when your hair is completely dry.

If your hair is color-treated, you are making it frizzy every time you rub the strands together. You must stroke your shampoo, conditioner, styling products, etc, through your hair with your fingers.

Put you product on your palms and then work the product into the sides of your fingers. Then work your fingers and products through your hair - always in a roots-to -ends motion.

Reactions: chloehandbags
I heard that if you spray hairspray on your hands and smooth your hair with it, that works. Haven't tried it so I don't know for sure.

Yup, some girls do this.

Here's a youtube tutorial from a beauty vlogger I regularly check. She doesn't have naturally curly hair, but in this video, she curls her hair and sprays her hairspray into her hand to keep the curls intact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hoIReaasg

this is what i do, and i have very frizzy hair. with this method...no frizz

1-wash with shampoo (any)
2-condition with L'oreal Mega Moisture (get at beauty supply-your hair will feel like butter after)
3-towel dry/comb out
4-frizz ease styling milk (or any white creamy styling cream)-run it through your hair, concentrate on ends
5-spray aussie mega sprunch spray (non-aerosol) all over. heavy on ends.
6-let air dry, separate with fingers, fluff with fingers

i swear by this for amazing curly NON FRIZZY hair. been using this method for like 5 years now.

Silky Sexy Hair Frizz Eliminator! Works great. I squirt two pumps from the bottle into my hands and rub through damp hair. I blow-dry with a large round brush and there is no frizz. I love this stuff!

If your hair is curly, it's prone to frizz. Ouidad makes some terrific products. I used to see their ads all the time in Marie Claire and finally, I ventured into their salon in NY. Their Climate Control product is fantastic. Visit their website for some helpful tips.

Also, if you do blow dry or use a diffuser, be sure to use a cooler setting. Heat makes hair frizz!